Find
Notify
Tools

Merkel bright finish
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Greetings members,
I have a very nice Merkel 141 ejector in 7x57R. Light weight, accurate and muzzle adjuster works fine.But...the bright finish on the action is sparkling.It doesnt look as good as the dull, old silver finish on some of my other firearms.Can members suggest a method ofdulling this dazzling, bright glitter? It looks cheap, frightens game ( im sure ) and annoys me.
Thanks for any help.

Posts: 45 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I personally would not want to alter it permenantly, unless the factory could do something to it.

I do not like silver recievers as well as color case either.

If it was mine I would look into some of the "camo" paints and pick a color I liked and put it on to hunt with.

I do not meen regular paint, but the "camo" stuff that is easially removed with a remover that the same company sells.

Another option would be to use camo tape, and carefully cut the correct sized pieces for the action. Again this stuff is easy to remove.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Use a "permanent" black magic marker?

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote