New
Find
Notify
Tools

577 Searcy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was at Cabella's in Buda TX yesterday. They have a .577 Searcy there for 15K.. I is a nice looking rifle.

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1229 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
great price for a gun in that caliber!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A Searcy boxlock .577 starts at 22k. Even his "smaller" calibers start around 15k.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
is this one of his old guns are a newer gun

Posts: 1396 | Registered: 24 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yukon,

The PH model starts at $12,000. He is producing those again.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, I didn't know he had restarted the PH line. That's good news as it is the one I was interested in.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i could not find the gun at cabelas is it on the old browning or the ones he is making now. thats what i meant, if one of the newer ones sounds like a decent gun like to see it

One of Us
posted Hide Post
is this gun still for sale. I can't locate it. if someone has a link to find out more info i would be interested

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Call 512-295-1100 and ask for the Gun Library.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a very early gun. I talked to butch about it. It only weighs 11.5 lbs. Now this is the gun for all the guys that like their doubles light. Eeker

I think it would carry great. I wouldn't be that interested in a day of shooting with it though, but that is just me. I'm a woos of the worst kind

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
It only weighs 11.5 lbs. Now this is the gun for all the guys that like their doubles light.

Will? Big Grin

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
yukon delta,
I spoke to Butch yesterday, and in the conversation I asked him about the PH model. He informed me that as of the end of March, he would not be taking any more orders for it. So, if anyone is seriously thinking of one of Butch's PH's then you better make that phone call!
760-762-6131

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE
Double Rifle Shooters Society

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw that listed on the website. That figures...I'm putting money aside for another ele hunt and that gun would pay for my trip.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
at this weight this would be perfect to have Butch re-regulate to the 650 grain/ 90 cordite level load.

I have always thought that would be a nearly perfect double rifle cart.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I still cannot find this in the Cabelas Gun library. Would be curious to see it online.

Indeed, it would be an interesting gun to regulate for a lighter load. At 15k, it's actually a very good price when you take into account pricing on new Searcy's.

One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
It's on the Cabela's website under "gun library", "fine rifles"... it's a plain, plain
jane model... but I have an engraver that lives by me now that could liven it up...

great deal for $15k

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I keep looking at it...but it would pay for my next hunt.

One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
scrap the big hunt, and just come to the next 10 DRSS hunts, and Hoot and Shoots....

J/K

Al

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's easy for you to say...scrap multiple DG?

Curious though, what would it cost to re-regulate it?

One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted Hide Post
J/K = just kidding... homer

I guess if I quit buying guns and other stuff..
I'd make it to Africa for that once in a lifetime hunt... guns will always be there in some form or fashion, the ability to pick and choose and hunt in Africa may not..

Enjoy the hunt, and excuse the humor

horse

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by els:
I was at Cabella's in Buda TX yesterday. They have a .577 Searcy there for 15K.. I is a nice looking rifle.

Buda Texas

Posts: 3785 | Location: B.C. Canada | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote