THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Sabatti 450NE shipment is in
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sabatti 450NE shipment is in
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of steve f
posted
Cabelas called me this morning. They said the shipment of the 450NE's are at their distribution warehouse and they would be shipping them out to people beginning next week.

This is my first double rifle and I am really excited to join the DRSS.

He told me this batch was regulated with Hornady ammo. I like that as I don't reload-at least not yet. He also told me that Cabelas had them torture test a gun by shooting 2,000 rounds thru a 500NE in a lead sled and it held up.

Next I just need to learn to shoot it properly !

SCI
DSC
NRA
NAHC
DRSS

Posts: 93 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 12 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cabelas had them torture test a gun by shooting 2,000 rounds thru a 500NE in a lead sled and it held up.

Wow 2,000 rounds at $110 a box for hornady, that what $11g's in ammo. Humm guess mark up on clothes is good. Wink

Good deal just messing with ya. Hope you are pleased with your double and welcome to the DRSS.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
He also told me that Cabelas had them torture test a gun by shooting 2,000 rounds thru a 500NE in a lead sled and it held up.

I think he is full of shit, lol. I don't see how ANY rifle with that much recoil and a wood stock could stand up to 2,000 factory rounds while mounted in a lead sled

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree.

If they knew the guns were good and passed proof, they wouldn't need to.

And who would waste $11k of ammo - unless Cabelas are making a shitload on each gun, it would waste a lot of profit.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
quote:
He also told me that Cabelas had them torture test a gun by shooting 2,000 rounds thru a 500NE in a lead sled and it held up.

I think he is full of shit, lol. I don't see how ANY rifle with that much recoil and a wood stock could stand up to 2,000 factory rounds while mounted in a lead sled

Absolutely! I'm not saying the Sabatti will not take 2000 rounds of ammo and still shoot, but not in a lead-sled, and still be in one piece. To back that up Cabela's nor anyone else in the retail business would waste 2000 rounds of factory ammo for such a non-sense experiment sacrificing the profit on the rest in stock, just to sell a few rifles, IMO. As someone already said the proofing is all that is required to absolve Cabela's of any liability.

I think we are discussing the words of an over zealous salesman, nothing more! coffee

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote