THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Extractors or ejectors--how about both!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Extractors or ejectors--how about both!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Literally at the flip of a switch! Check out this setup on my Beretta 471 Silver hawk SXS shotgun. On the inside of the forearm there is a small cutout (left rear of the stock--not picture. You'll see it marked with an "E" and an "M". You need a small pin punch or an allen wrench but when you rotate the little metal knob in the cutout to "E" the ejectors work. WHen you move it to "M" it shuts off the ejectors and only the extractors function. Not sure if you've ever seen this setup on a double rifle but I thought it was kinda ingenius!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
its a wonderful thing on a shotgun - great for the trap, skeet, or sporting clays range.
but it might just be the clever little thing that gets you killed on a double rifle !

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
My Heym 375 had the switch on bottom of forearm at rear of forearm iron. Very handy and worked fine.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
KY Nimrod -

Here's a photo of the ejector/extractor switch like on Zimbabwe's 375. This one is on a 470.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just something else to go wrong. Ejectors on a flanged nitro double rifle are just tits on a tomcat anyway.
------------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Notice that the switch on the Beretta is inside the forearm and in order to switch from one to the other you have to physically take the forearm off AND use a tool to move it. Its impossible to inadvertantly switch the thing on or off.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nice to know my Tomcat has tits!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tomcat with tits on steroids works good for me.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nuclear tits...

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ah, well, I guess spastics need all the help they can get. Wink Big Grin
------------------------------------------------

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Spastics? Don't you own an ejector rifle? Eeker rotflmo

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that was low. The damn thing had ejectors and it was either take it or leave it. The price was appropriately discounted though.
--------------------------------------------------

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Inquiring minds wanted to know! LOL! animal

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Heck, I have even seen 400 Nitro shoot a scoped double rifle. Eeker Horrors!!

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Horrors!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
I seen it for myself, he did.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Come on! First, you "out" 400 on the ejector issue. Then really push him out of the closet on the scope issue.

Next thing you know, someone will claim 400 is light in the loads.

Please respect 400's privacy. Big Grin

SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

Posts: 2018 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 May 2006Reply With Quote