THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Josef Just double rifle in Sweden.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Josef Just double rifle in Sweden.
 Login/Join

posted
Hello
I have just found this wonderful forum and I am hoping to get som more information about my rifle.

I am swedish and living i the middle of sweden, dalecarlia. I have got my Josef Just sbs double rifle from my uncle, since a double rifle always has been his dream, but when he finaly got it he did´nt want to shoot it. The rifle itself is made somewere around 1958 and is a 9,3x74R. I use it on our moosehunt, and have shot two moose using this gun.

I find the gun wery attractive and nice to shoot. I am also going to start reloading to get some training ammo made.

Tell me all you know about this ferlach guns from Josef Just and maybe som tips regarding reloading exercise ammo for 9,3x74R.

Excuse my english

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a nice gun but I can not help with the maker. You might want to do a search on older posts as I seem to remember that many have posted loading data on the 9.3X74R. If you can please post some pictures of the gun and you can also show us pics of the dead moose. Congrats on both the gun and the moose.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Suggest you give Josef Just a call and find out what his records have to say about your double rifle:

Josef Just
Hauptplaz 18
A9107 Ferlach, Austria
Tel (04227) 2273, Fax 4284

A quick internet search on Ferlach will introduce you to the master gunmakers of Austria's historic firearms region.

Regards

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smen:
tips regarding reloading exercise ammo for 9,3x74R.

that is easy, when you call josef, he will tell you what the rifle was regulated with and you just use that from now on.
you could go and buy a box of rws 9,3 with a 286 grains head and see if that would work.

best regards

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Failed to Welcome you to the Board in my last post. You will find many knowledgeable views here and, at the same time, many firmly held opinions...

Regards

Posts: 1322 | Location: Washington, DC | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote