THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    30-06 & 375 H&H in Double rifles?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

30-06 & 375 H&H in Double rifles?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I came across two Krieghoff double rilfes, one in 30-06 the other in 375H&H. With scopes and mounts, I could purchase both for $9000.

But, what about these rimless cartridges in double rifles? Reliability?

Posts: 615 | Location: a cold place | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
$9K for both guns? If so you need to get over there now.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1327 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Those cartridges are completely unsuited for double rifles. Do not buy them. PM me with where they are immediately and I will save someone from making a big mistake.

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Usually on great deals something is not at the surface. One gets what one pays for.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cal pappas:
Usually on great deals something is not at the surface. One gets what one pays for.
Cal

If they had a "Like" button on AR I would have selected it!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nortman:
I came across two Krieghoff double rilfes, one in 30-06 the other in 375H&H. With scopes and mounts, I could purchase both for $9000.

Something isn't right. Or, does the seller have no idea about what they have? Are they stolen and being sold out of the trunk of former taxi or used up police car?

Don't be like David Stanley Dodge out of OKC in a civil lawsuit for defrauding an elderly man out of his pickup and selling him an $11,900 2001 model car and several thousand dollars of service contracts and other crap so this Alzheimer's patient can claim his $100 "prize".
http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/11/15/31848.htm

Best Regards,
Sid

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Alexis de Tocqueville

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Posts: 602 | Location: East Texas, USA | Registered: 16 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No problem on my 30.06 Belgian double, just be extra careful when cleaning the barrels, specially with the phosphor brush.

Posts: 363 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: 20 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Its reputable.

So, dont worry about that! Smiler

Posts: 615 | Location: a cold place | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess these rifles are not for sale in the US... or any place with a functional market for double rifles. Where do you live, Nortman?

Posts: 43 | Location: Norway | Registered: 27 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

while I tend to agree with that statement, the other side of the same coin is, if you know what you are looking at and it is deal then buy it immediately. Deals do not languish on shelves for long. The best deal I ever got came from Cabela's and if I did jump on it immediately there was a line of others who recognized the value and were reaching for their wallets.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Those cartridges are completely unsuited for double rifles. Do not buy them. PM me with where they are immediately and I will save someone from making a big mistake.

............. jumping yuck

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
The rifles are being sold by a NIgerian Prince who inherited the rifles and he needs you to give him your bank account numbers so he can verify that you are a serious buyer. It's a simple, common, legit,, deal.
And I own a bridge I would like to sell.
Seriously, if it is "reputable", why aren't they already sold?

Posts: 17181 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One wants to be careful but, good deals do turn up occasionally. Last year I bought an original 1895 in 405 at a yard sale for $600.00. It came with a box of Hornady ammo, dies and three boxes of custom jacketed bullets. I knew the old man I bought it from and he had had it for a long time but decided to sell when I happened by his place while he was having his yard sale. I didn't have enough money on me to buy the two pre 64 model 70's at $400.00 each. The model 70's sold to his neighbor before I got back with the money the next day.

Posts: 231 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: 08 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of my doubles is a Merkel .375 H&H. It has never given one bit of trouble. One of the rationals behind its acquisition was to accompany my .375 H&H Model 70, or visa versa. Two guns, same calibre, commonality of ammunition.

Posts: 80 | Location: Colo Spgs, CO & Sterkrivier, RSA | Registered: 29 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Krieghoff Teck O/U .375 H&H double rifle which I bought in 1971. Initially I had trouble with the extraction, not because of the extractors, but because of the chambers. I took the rifle back to the Krieghoff factory in person and they did something to it which solved the problem. Thereafter they functioned flawlessly and I took the rifle on three hunts in Africa and used it on lion, leopard, eland, and greater and lesser kudu, all one shot kills.

The same rifle has a set of .458 WM barrels and it has never given me the slightest problem. I used it for both elephant and buffalo.

I had another Krieghoff Teck with combination gun barrels in 12 gauge/.30-'06. The .30-'06 extractor functioned flawlessly.

I have found some really reasonable prices on Krieghoff weapons in Germany, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one with the proviso that they be checked over by a gunsmith of my choice before finalizing the deal.

Right now I am mulling over an offer to sell me a pre-War Meffert double rifle with a Dural action in 7X57R for 2000 Euros. With property taxes coming due next month, I don't know if I can afford it, but we'll see.

There are two Krieghoff double rifles on eGun, the German auction site, both in caliber 9,3X74R and scoped, one for a Buy It Now price of 3500 Euros and the other with a Buy It Now Price of 4500 Euros, but with an extra set of combination gun barrels in 7X65R/20 gauge 75mm, also with a scope. They are not the top of the line Krieghoff models, but they are Krieghoffs.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Keep in mind that its hard to sell a double rifle that's not in a rimmed cartridge.. I would not own one..but I might buy these two if I was amind to and sell them for $5000 or if I get lucky $6000 each, but even that's not much of a return on your money...I see it as doable but not a fantastic deal by a long shot.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41979 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Yep, double rifles chambered in rimless cartridges and bolt-action dangerous game rifles with push feed actions....... that's bad Juju, especially on AR.
Wink

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1823 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have seen on two, maybe three occasions wherein the extractors over rode the rimless case and the guns became clubs while the clients were hunting in Africa, so don't be so quick to admonish such reasoning, there was a reason for it, those old timers knew from whence they came. I would not consider hunting dangerous game with a rimless double, but be my guest if you disagree..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41979 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote