THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    WTS Merkel Model 141 SXS Double Rifles NIB 9.3x74R
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS Merkel Model 141 SXS Double Rifles NIB 9.3x74R
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have two Merkel Model 141 SXS double rifles in 9.3X74R, both are NIB with the paperwork. Both have ejectors, single non-selective trigger, the rib on both are factory cut for a scope mount. These are the guns made on the 28ga size frame, 22" barrels, weigh about 6 3/4lb, with adjustable regulation. $5050 shipped to the first 48 states, FFL required.
ken@kebcollc.com

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

Posts: 1329 | Location: PA | Registered: 06 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seem awfully light for the calibre?

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used one and thought it OK, sold lots of these and the guys that have them seem pleased. But if you want a gun with more weight I also sell the Chapuis at 7 1/2lb.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

one of us
posted Hide Post
Available in smaller bore? 8x57R? 7x65R?

Posts: 1233 | Registered: 25 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I have one of the Merkel 141's, albeit with a little different configeration. It is very, very accurate, a joy to carry and will kill the snot out of any buffalo you wish. The weight/recoil is absolutely no problem for me.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7698 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, the only 141's I have are in the 9.3X74R. I generally do not have smaller guns.

Ken

DRSS, PP Chapter
Life NRA
Life SCI
Life DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Test fired a Merkel 141 in 9.3 X 74R in hopes of buying it. The recoil was so significant to the point I sent it back. Bought a Ruger #1 in the same calibur and it's a pleasure to shoot. I would not hesitate to buy a double in 9.3 X 74R but would insist on one that had more weight to it. JMHO

Larry Sellers
SCI Life Member

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Sellers:
Test fired a Merkel 141 in 9.3 X 74R in hopes of buying it. The recoil was so significant to the point I sent it back. Bought a Ruger #1 in the same calibur and it's a pleasure to shoot. I would not hesitate to buy a double in 9.3 X 74R but would insist on one that had more weight to it.

I've shot them. Can't see the point in building a double too light for caliber, or that short barreled.
-----------------------------------------------
"Serious rifles have two barrels, everything else just burns gunpowder."

Posts: 1742 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Greetings from Texas Kebco,
I will be taking the 141 you sold me a few years ago to Namibia this May. These guns are wonderful. Not too light for a hunting rifle but not too heavy either. I think most of the DRSS members that shot my gun last summer will agree it is a nice gun when you have to carry one all day.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1265 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A Merkel 9.3 from a few years ago would be on a 20 ga frame, yes?

I handled a new Merkel on the 28 ga frame today and that is one handy rifle. I too thought they were too light for caliber but all Merkel did was put them in the running. This one weighed 7.15 lbs vs my Chapuis at 7.35. It's not too light it's just now in the same class as the competition. This said I love the Merkel 9.3's on the 20 ga frame. Heavier yes, and I love 'em.

The bbls on the new Merkel are quite a bit shorter. I don't prefer this. But again, this little rifle defined the word "handy"!

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote