THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Export cost and reccomendation of export firm
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Export cost and reccomendation of export firm
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My bradshaw rifle seems to be on schedule and I am calculating what extra options I can afford. Wife is getting new (expensive) windows and I am getting my toy Smiler

Anyone have experiences exporting from the US to europe? I live in Norway and have a valid import licence for the rifle ready here. How much will it cost?, also including transport and insurance. I have to pay 25% toll here ...grrr...

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norsk:
My bradshaw rifle seems to be on schedule and I am calculating what extra options I can afford. Wife is getting new (expensive) windows and I am getting my toy Smiler

Anyone have experiences exporting from the US to europe? I live in Norway and have a valid import licence for the rifle ready here. How much will it cost?, also including transport and insurance. I have to pay 25% toll here ...grrr...

My advice to you is to enlist the services of a professional exporter here in the States. Rifles fall under the Department of State and hence are subject to ITAR rules. This is not something you want to mess up. I recommend you contact someone like Ken Buch at Kebco. Ken imports/exports all the Verney-Carron rifles from/ to France and can put you in touch with the firm he uses.

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used Griffin and Howe. The cost was rather high, $500 +/_ , but the buyer paid the cost and they are well versed in this.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks guys, got some info from Ken/kebco.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you do a search Weexportguns,Rob Bagnato has exported actions and rifles for me, was all good ,but our crap Aust dollar and then the GST here made it alot more

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jaz:
I have used Griffin and Howe.

+1

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Got a quote from Rob export totaling 1700 usd. They take 1200 export handling fee. Isn't that a lot?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems like alot to me

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sounds like extremely high.

Johnson Firearms charges 400. http://www.johnsonfirearms.com/export_import/
(note, I have NO experience with that company, just one I have bookmarked)

quote:
PRICING:

Our fee for processing your export license is only $399 for up to 2 Firearms. The US Dept of State charges us for most of that fee and we then tack on a little for the 1hr – 2hrs of work involved in the submittal process. When you order the Firearms through us there is no limit to Firearms that we will add to the application. Some companies add a percentage of the total value of the Firearms to increase the fee, since it is all on the same application, we don’t charge extra for nothing!

Others frequently charge $250 for the US State dept fee, plus 10-20% of the value

Posts: 74 | Location: Norway | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
Try Champlins, they export all over the world.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
And Dale Nygaard; he does the same, plus he is a nice guy to boot.

Posts: 17191 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Try and talk to Wayne at AHR. I am not sure if he can help but he is a fantastic man to deal with & very helpful. He posts here as Bitteroot

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11023 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote