New
Find
Notify
Tools

Searcy for sale
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 116 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
Damn good price!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For $8950 at a retail location, you could probably talk it down a few bucks.

Grade/Model: PH Caliber: 470 NE 24" brls, 14 1/4" LOP, Pistol Grip, Double Trigger, Ejectors, Coin Finish w/deep scroll engraving on 40% of action. Very nice French Walnut w/dark streaks. Original pad, cased in Americase. 100% new & unfired.

577NitroExpress

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
hell of a price...a guy could make some money on that rifle in a few years....

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's actually been on there for two weeks. I have been coveting it, but I decided to spend the money on trophy fees and use the bolt gun I already have.

Posts: 116 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CWW:
It's actually been on there for two weeks. I have been coveting it, but I decided to spend the money on trophy fees and use the bolt gun I already have.

Smart man. thumb

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why so cheap?

Honestly, Bulldog, do you really think WE could answer that? An email to the seller will get you your answer.

577NitroExpress

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sounds to me like somebody either died or needed crack money real bad.

One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
quote:
Why so cheap?

Honestly, Bulldog, do you really think WE could answer that? An email to the seller will get you your answer.

I thought someone may have already done so or maybe knew something about this rifle... If it is as described then that is one hell of a deal. Nice wood too. Someone should buy it if all checks out.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A MAIN point here.

If you buy the rifle, if history is any indicator, Butch will inspect it and if anything is wrong, fix it - and probably for ZERO dollars.

I would normally tell anyone who is buying a double rifle to have it inspected by JJ. But this time, you can't do it. It HAS to go to Butch. He built it. He knows what it should and shouldn't do.

This is a great deal for a nice double.

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WoW! That is a hell of a deal and one beautiful piece of wood. I agree, if there is anything wrong with it Butch will make it right.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This rifle was sold to a guy in S.C. On another topic. Some of you may remember that a few yrs. ago I tried using a RSA shop to make some PH model rifles. This project failled miserably. In the last month I have had the four rifles I received completly rebuilt. They are now ready for restocking. I have three left to sell at $9580.00. If ordered now I can have the stocks made to fit. These rifles will have the same support from me as all my rifles.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
These rifles will have the same support from me as all my rifles.

And this is the best support any manufacture of any firearm gives for their products.

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Opps, there 470 N.E.

one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
I soooo wish to have had that kind of investment cash. Won't happen for a few years yet. Packy

One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc52:
If anyone is looking for a low cost, starter DGR in 470NE, under $9580.00 Then one of Butch Searcy's is the way to go, especially if he is going to restock it to fit you!
IMHO thats the way to go!!!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Didn't anyone look closely at the rifle in the pictures? Unless the picture is backwards, that is a left handed rifle! That could be why it is so cheap, whot cha thank, Ya'll?

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Doc52
posted Hide Post
Mac,
You are right! It is a left hand model, you can read Butch's logo on the inside of the case!

Doc52
B. Searcy & Co .577 NE

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote!"

Benjamin Franklin 1759

Posts: 241 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good catch Mac! I've looked at this thread a few times and never noticed.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mac!! You just saved me $9K!! I was getting real close to calling these folks.

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have three left to sell at $9580.00.

Missippian:

Looks like you can get the same gun, BUT WITH THE STOCK MADE TO FIT, for just a few hundred bucks more!

If you are worried about lead time on stocking it, just give Butch a call. Or, Bill Soverns (who posts here under the same name), who is now stocking rifles for Butch, might be able to give you the lead time.

Those are good prices for that rifle.

577NitroExpress

one of us
posted Hide Post
I must be getting old. Tell me again how you can tell that it is a left handed rifle. Looks like the thumbpad is on the left side, which would be a right handed rifle

Posts: 569 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tell me again how you can tell that it is a left handed rifle.

No cheek piece on the left side of the gun. This is an assumption based upon knowledge that Butch has cheek pieces on his stocks.

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
These rifles will have the same support from me as all my rifles.

Searcy's support is the best!!!! cheers
I bought a used 470 underlever from a dealer. After firing it few rounds noticed some difficulties with the trigger/firing and
ejectors.

I shipped it to Butch for inspection and repair---they replaced the worn springs etc. at no charge!! The best service I have ever seen!!!! I will buy my next double from them. Smiler

nothin sweeter than the smell of fresh blood on your hunting boots

Posts: 746 | Location: don't know--Lost my GPS | Registered: 10 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm a lefty, to bad it's a bitch to get that rifle up to Canada........

Posts: 104 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 24 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
im from ontario i import rifles all the time from the usa.....

republic of alberta if you need help importing the rifle ill help you out.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 577NitroExpress:
quote:
Tell me again how you can tell that it is a left handed rifle.

No cheek piece on the left side of the gun. This is an assumption based upon knowledge that Butch has cheek pieces on his stocks.

That is not the only indication! The triggers are left hand configuration as well! The forward trigger is on the left, and the rear trigger is on the right! I looked hard at this rifle, and if it had been a right hand rifle I might have bought it, eventhough I already have a 470NE double.

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i thought about it but for the money id spend on it i could through in a little extra and get a 500.

im left handed.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mississippian:
Thanks Mac!! You just saved me $9K!! I was getting real close to calling these folks.

Safari Arms has a similar RH rifle for $8500. I can't believe these have not sold.

We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
quote:
Safari Arms has a similar RH rifle for $8500. I can't believe these have not sold.

Thanks Roscoe! I will check it out. KP

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 700 nitro:
im from ontario i import rifles all the time from the usa.....

republic of alberta if you need help importing the rifle ill help you out.

Thank's for the kind offer!

Posts: 104 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 24 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roscoe, do you have a link for the Searcy for sale at Safari Arms? I went to their web site and did not see it (or any other rifles) for sale.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Searcy double

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Roscoe. It looks good. Have you dealt with them before?
Peter

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
No I have not. I suggest you have Butch take a look at it before final payment is made. I doubt anything is wrong...but if there is something Butch will find it.

One of Us
Picture of Big Mo
posted Hide Post
Butch told me this rifle had sold. I found it about a hour and a half drive from my house. I might consider buying it tomorrow, but can't justify $9500 . Somebody talk me into this.

Posts: 237 | Location: Ga. | Registered: 25 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go handle it. That's all you need to do and you'll be pulled into the DR abyss...

Good price for that gun and it comes with the best warranty of any product out there.

577NitroExpress

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Mo:
Butch told me this rifle had sold. I found it about a hour and a half drive from my house. I might consider buying it tomorrow, but can't justify $9500 . Somebody talk me into this.

Since a new one costs $10.5K and since the prices are always going up, you only stand to make money on the rifle in the long run.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote