THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Remington/Baikal 45/70 double
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington/Baikal 45/70 double
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Now..
I know you guys have had them for a while now but they are starting to trickle in down under and I manged to score one for myself. A mate and I had a range session the other day with it and I was quite happy with form and function aside from the dreadful triggers and the fact it doesn't stay wide open when.. open Smiler

We managed to figure out the regulation easily enough but are left with the problem the the right barrel prints around 4" lower than the left Frowner

Given the lack of detail in the manual and the fact I have no idea what to do about it, does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers
Dan

Posts: 109 | Location: Jabiru NT | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
if you look closely at the barrel band on the front of the barrel, you'll see that the left barrel is pinned, and the right barrel floats....a very small "tweak" or "twist" on the ends of the barrels might be all you need....maybe just a twist your hands, before heavy tools come out...the right barrel on mine shoots about 2" high...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2833 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote