New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chapuis issue resolved
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Thanks to everyone who sent me information. Even the factory suggested calling JJ Perodeau for help. JJ gave me the secret to getting the two halves of the receiver separated, brute force! Once the pins are removed you have to pry the trigger plate unit from the top of the receiver. As I suspected, a tiny metal shaving was jamming the plunger that fits in the front of the top lever keeping it from locking open. Now, back to shooting. If anyone needs to take their Chapuis double apart PM me and I'll walk you through the tools you need and the procedure.

NRA Endowment Member
DRSS

Posts: 231 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 05 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bob, it sounds like you are more more skilled and capable of handling such a problem than most of us! I wonder if JJ needs an assistant? :-)

Posts: 20142 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JJ is brilliant! He has the picture of the rifle in his head like files on a computer. I'm just poor and have had to learn how to figure things out for myself.

NRA Endowment Member
DRSS

Posts: 231 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 05 August 2011Reply With Quote