New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rizzini B O/U Rifle ???
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I attended the recent gun show in Las Vegas and got to handle a couple of these double rifles and except for the fact they seemed very light, I thought they were nicely made....especially for the $5K price tag.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

I also handled a 9.3x74R SxS Marcel Tys ---- beautiful rifle, well-balance, beautifully engraved and stocked in an exceptional piece of wood. I was in love until I turned the price tag over ---- $32K.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
Rizzini B makes a great shotgun. I have an Artemis Deluxe that is ideal for quail with it being very light. They do make an O/U rifle/shotgun combo, though I've never seen one. I would imagine what you saw is some version of this, which would account for the gun being light, as you indicated. Was the one you saw a 9.3x74r 24? I'm not sure I'd want anything heavier built on a frame like that.

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There was an 8x57jrs and a 9.3x74R.

http://www.rizziniusa.com/shotguns.htm

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DB,

what was the pricing structure?

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The "standard" model 90L was $5,000 (US), the Wild Express was, I think, $5,500 (US) and the 92EL was a little more than $10,000 (US)....and while I liked the side-plates and really super engraving, I didn't think it was worth the double the price of the standard rifle.

I was told an extra set of barrels would be about $1,200 (US)

DB Bill aka Bill George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like they are priced right alongside the Chapuis entry-level DR's.
Nice looking rifles, and a set of 20gauge barrels would make it a very nice package.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote