THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Price check for a new Krieghoff Classic Big Five .500
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price check for a new Krieghoff Classic Big Five .500
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What can I expect to pay for a new Krieghoff SXS .500 NE ? Anyone know of any good deals out there ? Thanks.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Frank:

Mark Blote at First Stop in Rapid City has a used but "as-new" one for $8900. He is a good guy.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/912...e_Classic_500NE.htm#

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul, it's $8,899 now. I sent Frank the details. Great buy.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Frank,
That is a good buy in a great caliber!

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
500 NE...is there any other worthwhile DR caliber??? :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
.476 Westley Richards?

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

Are you saying that I'm under gunned with the 450 Searcy you sold me? Eeker Eeker

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I knew you were a recoil-wussy!!!

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Only with that 10# 600 NE single shooter!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:

It's the cat's ass for sure!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I payed 8400 for a new K5 in 500/416 NE here in Norway. Guess the right price should be from 8-9k...

Posts: 446 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guess the right price should be from 8-9k...

Not over here, my friend! I'd guess closer to $13,000.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Agreed! Everyone knows that Americans have more money so it not just a currency conversion question. Try that with African hunts!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nitro450exp
posted Hide Post
Hello

The Classic Big Five MSRP is $14,129.00 IIRC
Unless it has gone up again.
Then you can add options from here.
$1200 gets you upgraded medium wood.
$395 gets you a BreaKo recoil tube.
$425 gets you a See thru sight.
$1795 gets you the swing style scope mount.
$1895 gets you big game engraving on the boxlock.
etc.
These are the 2009 ~10 prices may have gone up from here.

Nitro

"Man is a predator or at least those of us that kill and eat our own meat are. The rest are scavengers, eating what others kill for them." Hugh Randall
DRSS, BASA
470 Krieghoff, 45-70 inserts, 12 ga paradox, 20 ga DR Simson/Schimmel, 12 ga DR O/U Famars, 12 ga DR SXS Greener

Posts: 813 | Location: USA / RSA | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought one for a good mate 2 years ago in South Africa, US$7500 from memory, best

Posts: 110 | Location: SW Spain and London UK | Registered: 22 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hal DuPont has a new one that he is selling me for $10,500. I'm going with this one since it's new & warranted. Now if I only had a .45 calibre DR, I could die happy.

.470 & 9.3X74R Chapuis'
Tikka O/U 9.3X74R
Searcy Classics 450/.400 3" & .577
C&H .375 2 1/2"
Krieghoff .500 NE
Member Dallas Safari Club

Posts: 1587 | Location: Eleanor, West Virginia (USA) | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote