New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update from DRSS shoot
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just heard from Rusty at the shoot near Brady. They have about 5 inches of snow on the ground, and I gave him a weather update on the area since the guys look to be heading out today. He'll give a full report, but he did say they had put a bunch of hogs and axis deer on the ground. Way to go, guys!

I decided not to make the drive when the weather went to hell. The only thing is hate more than gaudy monte carlo stocks with ivory inlays is driving 300 miles on glare ice. Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. It is ugly up here again today so I hope they all have a safe trip.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob, thumb

Guess they will not need any ice for their coolers. clap

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
maybe they'll luck out and be snowed in and have to keep hunting for another week ?

wouldn't that be terrible ? NOT

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
the roads here in fredricksburg... south of brady about 70 miles are still wet and slick.. patch ice and slush....but it is melting... freeze tonite predicted... rain tomorrow....

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
At DFW airport. Doc52 and I left camp this morning to head home. (This was planned from the beginning.)

It was COLD in camp - the tempever getting above freezing.

Monday night Rusty, myself and Brain1 got three axis does and a black buck does.

Tuesday we shot mid-dy and had a great time! Eduard "Katta" Katse from Africa organized a shoot and it wa great. Last night 11 of us went out to hunt hogs and we bagged 15 or 16 hogs, with Mississippian getting the biggest of 280 lbs!

More to follow when I get home and down load photos.

It was a GREAT time, and us Yankees from the north had no problem driving in the snow Wink

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the pictures and a full report when time permits.

Sounds like you had a little more hunting success this time, although temperatures were at the opposite extreme.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well like they say "if you don't like the weather just wait a little and it will change."
Personaley I don't know what else you expected it is the first week of the FW stock show and this is the "normal stock show weather"
I hope we can have a hunt/meet in moderat weather.
Looking forward to the pictures and a full report.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
im thinking of possibly holding a drss austrialian cull hunt.

get a bunch of the boys together a just light stuff up..

im currently talking with a few out fits in oz and i am booking a trip for mid 08 already i cant wait.

Posts: 2095 | Location: B.C | Registered: 31 January 2002Reply With Quote