THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    400/360 Purdey 2 3/4" Nitro Express Forming Dies Needed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

400/360 Purdey 2 3/4" Nitro Express Forming Dies Needed
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted
Anybody have any they could get rid of? Looking for the set that forms off a 9.3x74R.
Thanks

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
NOW what did you buy? :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Same as any 400/360 2-3/4" dies, just use the thin rim shell holder.

Posts: 3322 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
NOW what did you buy? :-)

Possibly another double. I might have a problem.

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Roscoe Stephenson
posted Hide Post
The standard two-die set is all you need for forming and loading. It will push the 9.3x74R shoulder back to position for the .400/360. Then you trim the case to 2.740".

One thing you will need is a neck reamer die. I found that my cases formed from 9.3 brass had a distinct thick ring at the base of the neck where the brass thickens at the original junction of the neck and shoulder. This is removed with the reamer die and reamer.

In fact, once you get your reamer die it's easiest to use it for forming the new shoulder and then reaming in the same operation. In that event, trim your cases before forming.

Curl

RoscoeStephenson.com

YOUR DOUBLE RIFLE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND.

Posts: 39 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 20 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Thank You! I'll call RCBS today. Hopefully all is well there with the Oroville Dam issue.

Mac

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Possibly another double. I might have a problem.

Are you off your meds again? :-)

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
Mckay,

If your rifle is a William Evans pm me the serial #. I've owned 2 Evans 400/360s. Both were exceptionally accurate and I'd be happy to share the load data with you.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
PM Sent. thx!

Mac