THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Oak and leather case and double rifle modification
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oak and leather case and double rifle modification
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently finished building my first oak and leather case, for the .22 Hornet double which I built a few years back. At the same time, I milled dovetails on the quarter rib of the same rifle so that I can now use a scope on it when I choose to. I have some photos of the work but don't know how to post them. I could e-mail them to someone if there is a volunteer out there who would post them on this thread.

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ron,

I'd be glad to post them.
daleatkins@suddenlink.net

Posts: 201 | Location: logan, W.V. | Registered: 13 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 201 | Location: logan, W.V. | Registered: 13 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Beautiful work, both on the rifle, and the fitted case! Congratulations! beer

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yellowhammer
posted Hide Post
very nice

Posts: 87 | Location: Eastern Texas | Registered: 13 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is very impressive, excellent work on the rifle and case. I bet that rifle is a ball to shoot

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rolland, you're right, as much as it's great to shoot the .450 #2, or the 12 bore rifle, sometimes it's a pleasure to play with a double that has virtually NO felt recoil. This rifle is hell on coyotes, squirrels, and rabbits too.

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine that I will ever be able to make such things. What talent to have...

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Well done Ron.

I've got a source for the traditional brass nozzle locks and handles. If you need them in the future PM.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice! clap

John

There are those that do, those that dream, and those that only read about it and then post their "expertise" on AR!

Posts: 831 | Location: Mount Vernon, WA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote