THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Bradshaw 22 Hornet Double Rifle at Ft Worth Cabelas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bradshaw 22 Hornet Double Rifle at Ft Worth Cabelas
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted
This is great opportunity for someone out there who wants to get one of Bailey's rifles without the wait. I wish I had the money to spend on a great little rifle of this caliber.

http://www.gunsinternational.c...cfm?gun_id=100181200

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a LOT of rifle sitting there for that kind of money!!!

Nice work BB!

one of us
posted Hide Post
If I had a spare 9k at the moment I'd be all over that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If anyone has questions on it, just let me know.

Here is a couple pictures of the locks not shown on the Cabela's site.

Bailey Bradshaw

www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

I'm in the gun buildin bidness, and cousin....bidness is a boomin

Posts: 568 | Location: Diana, TX | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting on a flash drive with pictures to come in the mail hilbily HINT FREAKING HINT jumping

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are you going to do, write a book or something??? :-)

Posts: 20140 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
he has pictures on a flash drive I want to add to the article. Big Grin for those like your self who have trouble reading without pictures to look at Big Grin NOW sharpen your crayon and get back to work jumping

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bailey,
I had a great time Sun. dam that little double of your sure shoots nice. I think Sean enjoyed his self to he smile all the way to Dallas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I sure hope your PC has spell and grammar check!!! You could always borrow my crayon!!! :-)

Posts: 20140 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
piss on spell check I have and editor Big Grin Big Grin the above lines are what happens when your on 12 hour shifts and dont care how it reads hilbily hilbily

One of Us
posted Hide Post
for God's sake don't give hooker a crayon, he'll either eat it or poke out his eye with it.

Posts: 477 | Location: western arkansas | Registered: 11 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
I think Bailey Bradshaw's genius and artisanship with steel and walnut is almost beyond belief. The man is a treasure.

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Believe me most of the public has not seen Baileys real talent yet. I have had the privilege of seeing some of his work that has not be out in the public eye yet. AS they used to say YOU AN"T SEEN NOTHEN YET. I will have time to put the finishing touches on the article in a week or so then send it off to editor. so I will they to paint you a better picture of his work.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was in Baileys shop visiting--

shocker WOW If you can dream it he probably can build it.

I wont steal any thunder about guns, but I can tell you he is working on a sword for a European client that I would sell my sister for.

SSR

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aaron Little
posted Hide Post
I was bummed out when I visited cabelas a few weeks back and they didnt have it displayed but were advertising it on the web. Figured it had sold already.

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Posts: 1023 | Location: Mineola, TX | Registered: 15 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bailey
Please if you are reading these threads get your head out of the clouds
These guys are gonna make it hard for me to have my baby by October.

Oh by the way I have been talking to Adam about some more wood for that other secret project.
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No head problems with me Larry....I'm just a nut trying to get a squirel.

Bailey Bradshaw

www.bradshawgunandrifle.com

I'm in the gun buildin bidness, and cousin....bidness is a boomin

Posts: 568 | Location: Diana, TX | Registered: 10 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bailey
Believe it we are very happy for your sucess. BUILD IT THEY WILL COME.
Great job Man.

Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ELK,
I will make sure to tell you how well your rifle shoots if Bailey lets me help him break it in rotflmo

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lordy, but that is one sweet little rifle. However, I am too practical to have a Horned or any small caliber in a double, or at least my coffer is not up to such luxury, but that's just a super fine rifle..I guess I better call some of my more affluent buddies and advise them it up for grabs.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41979 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats very sweet.

Only slight criticism is that peep sight is wrong for that rifle IMHO. It looks as if it is an off the shelf item that has been screwed on and breaks all the lines of Baileys Beautiful work. Much better would be to have a peep sight that folds down into the tang of the rifle as seen on old British built rifles, alternatively if it is on the rib, it should be just on the rib an not bridging across onto the receiver. Or to have a set of claw mounts for a claw mounted scope, but with the peep sight as part of the rear claw.

I have an old british built side by side 410, whose action is relly good, but barrels very pitted. One day Baily I will ask you to rebarrel it as a side by side Hornet, or even better would be a rimmed version of the 222 so it can push a 50 g bullet at 2450 fps, and thus be legal for use on Roe Deer in Scotland. I don't think you can quite do that with a hornet or even a K Hornet.

Posts: 984 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heym
I think Bailey makes all his sights not sure on this one.
But one main thing to keep in mind this is an $8,000 double not and $80,000 English Double.
Well if thats all I will save the $70K
Ha Ha tu2 dancing
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the Ghost ring rear sight it not a screw in sight it is a machine fit sight. and for use old guys with lease than great eyes it make an amazing difference. the fold down feature is really nice to. if you want to use your express sights just flip it down and blast away.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
At my age I need a programmable laser not a peep site.
I see two front sights on open sights now.
Bitch getting old
Thats why Bailey is putting Talley Rails on my 450NE for my 1.25x4 30mm Trijicon.
Talley HO

Larry