New
Find
Notify
Tools

500 Nitro ammo
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't wear a thong so you must be talking about Michael! I shot all the 500 stuff yesterday and let M do the computer work. If we do a 577 test you can come do the shooting if you want. I think I'm going to build a 577 on an H&R Topper for testing. It should weigh in at about 6 or 7 lbs.

Posts: 2832 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think I'm going to build a 577 on an H&R Topper for testing. It should weigh in at about 6 or 7 lbs.

Just don't get the barrel too long, 18 inches will be plenty!
hilbily

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Biebs, CCMDoc I received ammo thanks!!!!!!
This really helps!!
Have some Kynoch new ammo on the way also. That will make three factory loads to compare so far.

Sam

Posts: 2832 | Location: NC | Registered: 08 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
HI 500 Nitro Fans! I am one as well!

Late yesterday I got the data Sam and I did the other day compiled, and converted and uploaded to my B&M Site. It is under the main page "Additional Research" and then a link to the page 500 Nitro Data. For you guys here is the direct link to the page;

http://www.b-mriflesandcartrid...--Barrel-Strain.html

Now do remember, this is an ongoing project, not completed yet. As we compile and collect data I will update the pdf document you find there. Go ahead and download it, it's pdf so should be able to read it no issues.

Let me know if you have problems.

OH, and Biebs at least I don't wear PINK earmuffs when shooting big bores!

OK Where did the back of the range get to????

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by srose:
Biebs, CCMDoc I received ammo thanks!!!!!!
This really helps!!
Have some Kynoch new ammo on the way also. That will make three factory loads to compare so far.

Sam

Glad it finally arrived. Looking forward to reading the results of the tests (which can not be accessed from work computers and too hard to read on the smart phone).

Good luck and stay well,
Paul

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3464 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote