Notify
Tools

good purchase!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bill G. in Oregon
posted
This is a thank you!

I've just committed myself to buy a used Chapuis double in 9.3X74 with a Leupold VXIII 1.5 x5 in QD rings, with three boxes factory ammo, 1 box reloads, 1 box bullets, dies, and cherry wood case for $4650 including shipping.

As I live on a modest retirement, the seller is allowing me to pay it off in two months.

I thank the wise contributors here as I carefully read many of your comments about both the manufacturer and the cartridege before deciding.

Bill

Posts: 1783 | Registered: 21 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to you!!! Enjoy!!!

DRSS

Posts: 1155 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill G. in Oregon:
This is a thank you!

I've just committed myself to buy a used Chapuis double in 9.3X74 with a Leupold VXIII 1.5 x5 in QD rings, with three boxes factory ammo, 1 box reloads, 1 box bullets, dies, and cherry wood case for $4650 including shipping.

As I live on a modest retirement, the seller is allowing me to pay it off in two months.

I thank the wise contributors here as I carefully read many of your comments about both the manufacturer and the cartridege before deciding.

Bill

Congratulations on your double purchase! When you get your rifle don't forget to add the DRSS to your tag line here as a new member! The link to the DRSS is in my tag line on this post. Go to the BECOMING A MEMBER and click!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill, I was wondering why you were selling off everything but the kitchen sink! Congrats...

Posts: 20142 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Bill, you are going to love that gun. I have one too. If I had bought a Chapuis first, I doubt that I would have bought any others. Good luck and good shooting. If you need load data, pm me.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I doubt that I would have bought any others.

Dave Bush without a Blaser S2????

Posts: 20142 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
Congrats Bill. Nice gun and fabulous calibre!! tu2

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1698 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you need dies, brass and bullets let me know. I will sell at a "retired persons friendly" price.Big Grin I am darn envious, of the gun and that you are enjoying it in retirement. PM if interested and I will go out and see what all I have.

Posts: 1575 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill

I have shot more different species of game, here in the States, Canada, and Zimbabwe, with my 9,3x74R double rifle, that any other gun.

I would recommend that for a Soft you use either the 286gr Woodleigh or the 286gr Nosler Partition.

If you need a solid the 286gr Woodleigh will work perfect.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Bill you will love it.I have the same one love the caliber got a real nice Buffalo with it in June.If you need load data let me know.
Bill

DRSS

Posts: 180 | Location: Vancouver Island/High Arctic | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Bill: I'm jealous. Good for you!
The other Bill in Oregon ...

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16532 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill G. in Oregon
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all. I am indebted to the good people here.

Bill

Posts: 1783 | Registered: 21 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Bill congrats and welcome to the double rifle society.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote