New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chapuis .470 from Cabela's
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Cabela's Gun Library is offering new Chapuis .470's for $9999.00. Are these a special run for Cabela's or regular production rifles? Anyone know?

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Looks like a really nice gun but it doesn't say what the length of pull is. It's going to kick a little because it is only around ten pounds. If I were buying it, I would offer them about $8500. Cabela's will deal and the double market is really soft right now. You can always come up right?

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will Cabela's really deal on price? I haven't had any luck getting them to move on price.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

They are a special model made for Cabelas as I know it.

I have one, shoots great, I paid alot more.

Regards.. PAH

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Service PAHunter/ The Head Hunter
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered one a few weeks ago. I paid a lot more, also. No regrets, tho. Just curious.

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Blue Devil:
Will Cabela's really deal on price? I haven't had any luck getting them to move on price.

Yes they will. Remember, you are going to have to pay sales tax on this deal as they will ship it to the Cabela's closest to you. At 6%, that's an extra $600 that you wouldn't have to pay if you bought somewhere else. Call the guy, tell him you you have a check in hand and you will give him $8500 but you want a three day inspection. If he says no, he says no. Hang up, wait a week and come up five hundred. I don't know if they will deal on this rifle but trust me, they will deal.

Then, if you can't cut a deal, call Alex Roy. He'll sell you a new Blaser .470 for $8000 and one with really nice wood for less than $9000 and a Blaser is already set up for a scope. The Blaser is much heavier though, around 11.6 pounds, harder to carry but a lot less recoil. If I recall, this .470 weighs around ten pounds. If you plan on trekking after an elephant, that might be just perfect but in a .470, that's pretty light. I don't know what your recoil threshold is but a ten pound .470 would be to light for me.

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote