THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Availability of Federal Premium 500 NE 570 grain Barnes Banded Solids
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Availability of Federal Premium 500 NE 570 grain Barnes Banded Solids
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know where I can get some?

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 29 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you sir.

I would swear that I checked one of the places listed and they said they had none. Glad they have it now!

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems that of all of those listed one supplier has a single box. Any other ideas?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, if you're in a pinch, John at Safari Arms could probably duplicate the load for you.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, how many boxes are you looking for? I'll check a couple of places in Dallas that might have them and if they do I'll get them for you. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2910 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems to me there was a problem with the ATF and Barnes over selling the banded solids, ATF said they were too dangerous regarding body armor or some such drivel. That was 2-3 yrs ago, anyone know if that was resolved?
Struck me as that could be, why you can't find many or any.

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought I had a few boxes of Barnes Vortex ammo with 570gr banded solids but I only had 1 box left. They shot great in my VC500.

Posts: 892 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry: None to be had at any of the stores I checked in Dallas, a friend that works at Cheaper than Dirt says they show to have them in their warehouse that you can order online.

Karl Evans

Posts: 2910 | Location: Emhouse, Tx | Registered: 03 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks all. I found enough to get my through my upcoming trip.