Find
Notify
Tools

Gun Shops Seattle??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted
I'm stuck in Seattle for a couple of days. Anyone have a gun shop recommendations in the Seattle area?

Thanks!

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Two of my favorites and quality guns, great people-
Bothell off I-405 DJ's Sport and Loan- Bruce and Tina Jordon, owners are in on Mon-Tues and Fri-Sat. Bruce knows doubles and English guns...great stock of all kinds of rifles A-Z and customs...you never know what will be there!!
Renton- South of Seattle, Pinto's Guns, on Main St. Chris Ohnemus is a VERY knowledgeable double owner and shooter...often with guns and ammo in the shop. He is there this week and next until Beinfeld show.
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2677 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cabela, about an hour south depending on traffic.

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Well if you are going to the Big Box stores...where you are most likely NOT to find a treasure.....there is also a Cabela's about 20 miles North of Seattle at Marysville, and a brand new palmist not dry- Bass Pro Shops in Tacoma off 84th Street Exit.

Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2677 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone happen to remember a shop a bit north of Seattle, had upper walls covered in old Winchesters all the way around the building. He was a collector, also apparently had a couple of warehouses full of them, none for sale. Been 20+ yrs since I have been in there. Was thinking the name was something like Young's or some odd name that began with a Y. Definitely was a treasure trove of stuff like 1885's.

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like Stan Bakers shop up on North Lake Way near Kenmore. He had a wonderful collection of Winchesters displayed. He passed away 10-15 years, maybe more, ago?? He son ran the shop and liquidated most of the collection. Also a fantastic engraver I recall Paulo Barbetti worked in that shop doing fine engraving and inlaying for years.
Sorry to see good old shops like that go!!

Cheers,

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
DJ's Sport and Loan ... you never know what will be there!!

Shhhhh... that's supposed to be a secret. Wink

Posts: 454 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 19 August 2014Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
That's why I only tell INSIDERS like AR members...be surprised who you see there too...big name brokers, etc...Microsofties...Boeing Gurus on and on...

Cheers,

470EDDY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Adventure Sports in Lynnwood. Great gun shop.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Thanks, folks! I didn't get to all of these, but will check more out on my return trips.

Thanks again!

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote