Find
Notify
Tools

375 flange brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted
we are testing the pre produtction brass sent to the gun club to day have loaded it up and will test in the morning-- so if all goes well there may be a supply from Jammison soon-- our club will pick up 10,000 cases if all goes good-- the brass will be fired in 2 searcy sidelock doubles so the load test is ---60 gn rl 15 a .375 300 gn hornady bullet fed 215 primer w a roll crimp --

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would LOVE to hear what you have to say.....I received 5 pieces of new Jamison 375 Flanged brass today and it WILL NOT ALLOW MY Searcy to close when I chamber a piece in each barrel. I did not size it in my RCBS dies PRIOR to chambering it....I simply inserted the raw brass as received....but the double will not close....at all. Rim looks thick....but I want to hear what you have to say.

Thanks.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd size it first and then see if it fits.

No point in condeming it until you work out why it doesn't fit.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not condeming it 500....I've worked with Jamison on their 500/416 and 500 Jeffery brass before to help them get it sorted out....and both worked great. Just stating what I found....I will be sizing it and trying it out....but compared to H&H brass that I have, the rim looks thicker on the Jamison. I will measure it with micrometer to be sure.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarBy:
Not condeming it 500....I've worked with Jamison on their 500/416 and 500 Jeffery brass before to help them get it sorted out....and both worked great. Just stating what I found....I will be sizing it and trying it out....but compared to H&H brass that I have, the rim looks thicker on the Jamison. I will measure it with micrometer to be sure.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Understand, but "WILL NOT ALLOW MY" in capitals kind of says a lot IMHO.

Yes, 375 flanged brass seems to have more problems with different flange measurements (or more like guns that are different from Spec) but I just
thought it pretty pointless posting that in capitals when you hadn't even
resized it. That's all.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank, What happened to Lone Pine. Looking forward to breaking in the Safe Queen.

Posts: 2180 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Gary, measure the thickness and the diameter, either or both could be too large.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I did measure it and it is a touch thicker than the H&H headstamped brass. I did full length size 2 pieces and it will now close (the rifle). The "groove" just above the rim is a bit deeper and wider than the other brass I have, but don't really think that will be an issue.
Waiting for the gents that loaded some up to report in on their range session.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I did measure it and it is a touch thicker than the H&H headstamped brass. I did full length size 2 pieces and it will now close (the rifle). The "groove" just above the rim is a bit deeper and wider than the other brass I have, but don't really think that will be an issue.
Waiting for the gents that loaded some up to report in on their range session.

Gary

So it answered the question.

BTW, why would the groove be an issue ?
I have heaps of 375FL brass and none of it is the same.

one of us
posted Hide Post
500....no issue with the groove....just an observation. My brass is as yours....4 different types and 4 different "specs".....3 I've tried and they work...the Jamison brass is next. If it works well when loaded....great...seems to be the only source available here.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just an fyi...

But the BeLL brass I bought a couple years ago wouldn't allow my double to close either until I resized it. I should note however that it was not the shoulder location of the BeLL brass because I set the resizing die to not touch the shoulder of the case and that was enough to allow it to properly chamber.

Posts: 306 | Location: Originally from Texas | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
500....no issue with the groove....just an observation. My brass is as yours....4 different types and 4 different "specs".....3 I've tried and they work...the Jamison brass is next. If it works well when loaded....great...seems to be the only source available here.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Gary

For some reason, from personal observations and from hearsay,
375 Fl Magnum guns and brass seem to have the biggest issues
- in terms of brass not fitting guns or gun chambers being
different / less tolerant or the rims being different on
different guns ?

one of us
posted Hide Post
The rims on the 4 styles of brass that I have are all different....some thinner than others....some with more "rounded" edges on the rims. I could understand the issues that the 500 Jeffery brass had given its history....but the 375 Flanged has always been the same...just as the belted version...since the beginning.
Oh well....as long as it works.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

One of Us
Picture of stradling
posted Hide Post
well guys we loaded and shot the 375 flange brass on sat --it ALL cycled in the BOTH 375 sidelock doubles by searcy. paul I see you on here my cylinders are not repolished this stuff will dam shore shoot in your gun. I talked to searcy he had me mike the HH the H.D.S. and the jamison brass I have-- 3 all miked at .058-59

the stuff came out of the rifles on a 99 degree day at [2297 -to- 2330] fps a 300 gn bullet 60 gn rl 15 215 fed primer loaded and shot the brass out twice all ejected first time on both loadings

PAUL SHURESTRIKE you guys may want to put in an order w searcy I had jamison ship me 1000 and butch 1000 today for internal use --he could order more if!! once midway sucks up the run it will be gone for who knows how long --searcy will get a little better price than the $2.14 DEALER quote but this is a hell of a lot better than the $5

GarBy I sized the brass w the RCBS die then primed powder bullet and crimp all went well round droped right in the jamison brass is square on the flange unlike the HH and HBS brass which are rounded I spoke to jamison about that and was told that jamison was gong to stay dead on spec and not roll the edge this case sized and load as stated should shoot well in your searcy if not let me know before I order the rest of my case stock pile

thanks frank

470shooter if you need me to load 100 or so to get your sorry ass off to africa next week let me know you are running out of time brother

forgot to report the barrels are 24"

Anyway it matters not, because my experience always has been that of---- a loss of snot and enamel on both sides of the 458 Win----

Posts: 1016 | Location: SLC Utah  | Registered: 13 February 2009Reply With Quote