Find
Notify
Tools

Merkel 375 H H
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted
Any body shooting one of these? any extraction problems? seems to be a little heavy maybe for the caliber? built on the same action as the 470.

DRSS

Posts: 2282 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Work well, no problems.

I found it best to work out a system for extracting the cases
and then it was easy.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one and yes it is hefty. The 140 series called the safari series is available in 375, 470 and 500, pretty much made from the same stock. I figured it would make the gun's felt recoil less than my 375 Browning at 8.5 pounds but recoil is similar. It balances well and points perfectly, plus when you run out of ammo it should make a respectable club rotflmo

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mississippian
posted Hide Post
What is the weight on these rifles? Is it built on the 20 guage frame?

Double Rifle Shooters Society

Posts: 1094 | Location: Yazoo City, Mississippi | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
weight is roughly 10 pounds. I don't know what shotgun frame is simmilar if at all. It is a rifle from the ground up not a "transvestite" so to speak, To my knowledge they make a light double the 141 (9.3, 30-06 etc) and a heavy double the 140 (375,416, 470, 500). The 140 as would the 141 comes as a extractor standard or option ejector. The 140 is called the safari which means in addition to the heavy calibers it also has a non auto set safety, meaning the safety will not reengage when the gun is opened.I see the make the same in sidelock versions called the 151/161

merkel site http://merkel-usa.com/core.php...SUQ9NDk2JnN1Yk5hdj0x

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote