Find
Notify
Tools

CLA game fair 2013
 Login/Join

Picture of Dandyofpunjab
posted
Hi,

I hope this is the correct section to post this.

Anyone coming to the CLA Game fair in July?Maybe an AR meet?

Best,
Dandy

"Frighten none; fear none"

Posts: 9 | Location: Land of Warriors! | Registered: 06 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the CLA fair 2013, and where is it?

................................................................... bewildered

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of Dandyofpunjab
posted Hide Post
Hi Mac,

CLA game fair is one of biggest gun and outdoors fair in Europe the other big one is IWA in Germany.CLA game fair is in Warwickshire which is like an hour and half from London.

There will be around 1000 exhibitor and some very fine guns! http://www.gamefair.co.uk/

Best,
Dandy

"Frighten none; fear none"

Posts: 9 | Location: Land of Warriors! | Registered: 06 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dandy! That looks like something I might enjoy attending.

I'll talk to my wife and see if she wants to go to the show, and hop across the Channel to France as well. My wife is of French extraction from Louisiana, and she has no desire to go with me to Africa on safari, but wants to visit France.

Thanks for the link!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We discovered Game Fair four, possibly five years ago while combining a business trip with some vacation time. During my normal (viewing only) swing through H&H, Beretta, William Evans, Purdey, etc., we got several recommendations to see Game fair at Belvoir Castle that year. Following day we took the train, then cab and spent all day seeing just part of the events/vendors.

Huge and well mannered crowd - thousands included their dogs, and I think it was mid-afternoon before I remember hearing one bark... We did not get through much more than the gun makers, falconry, equestrian, game meals with excellent wine :-), and couldn't have seen more than 1/4 of the possibilities before the day was closing.

This reminds me we need to get back soon - and we'll plan to have more than on day at the site...

Good hunting,

Posts: 403 | Location: Houston | Registered: 09 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is the problem - the show is just too big to comfortably manage in just one day.

Solution - treat it like a pilgrimage, rule out the diary, obtain nearby accommodation and devote two or even three days to a holiday with a couple hundred thousand like-minded individuals!

Jo & I visit every year without fail - always spending the full three days on site. For us, as a holiday, it is one of the high points of the year. Smiler

See you there!

Rgds

Ian

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote