THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Butch Searcy good guy report
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Butch Searcy good guy report
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ok this probably isn't necessary because of his reputation for his customer service. It's really unfair I think that people only take time to post complaints. I think good service deserves to be reported also. Many of you know that Butch has had a couple of surgeries of late which has slowed him down some. I have an older 375 flanged that he built which I sent to get him to have a look. Knowing that he has had the surgeries, I offered to take the gun back to get taken care of elsewhere. He would not have any of that, stating he doesn't trust anyone else to work on his guns. Now that is customer service. This is not a new gun mind you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
TX. Have you been drinking? Butch a "good guy"? jumping
You are correct though, for an old grouchy B*******, he is a pretty good guy.
(dang, I hope he doesn't read this)

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pagosawingnut:
TX. Have you been drinking? Butch a "good guy"? jumping
You are correct though, for an old grouchy B*******, he is a pretty good guy.
(dang, I hope he doesn't read this)

Don't worry wingnut! Butch will laugh loader than I did reading your post!

............................................................... jumping dancing

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know Mac. I know. I just got off the phone with him a bit earlier. We're going to get together over Thanksgiving out toward his neck of the woods. I'm sure I'll catch a little grief but just a little.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by txlonghorn:
Ok this probably isn't necessary because of his reputation for his customer service. It's really unfair I think that people only take time to post complaints. I think good service deserves to be reported also. Many of you know that Butch has had a couple of surgeries of late which has slowed him down some. I have an older 375 flanged that he built which I sent to get him to have a look. Knowing that he has had the surgeries, I offered to take the gun back to get taken care of elsewhere. He would not have any of that, stating he doesn't trust anyone else to work on his guns. Now that is customer service. This is not a new gun mind you.

What is the issue with the rifle?

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The bullets appeared to be crossing at 50 yrds with the original regulating load

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
Should be an easy fix. Best thing I keep hearing from Searcy rifles are their accuracy. I'm sure they will get you up and running in no time..... tu2

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one of his Classics in 450 NE and a 375 Flanged. They are VERY accurate indeed.

Gary

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote