THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    A sampling of V-C Big-Bore Doubles ...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A sampling of V-C Big-Bore Doubles ...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Yeah that 450/400. It's a gorgeous piece. I'll keep those mounts in mind when I order the 375. Thanks!

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Progress Pics of my soon to be new VC 577

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Beautiful! beer

Love the elephant. Wink Big Grin

Looking forward to hearing your field report. BOOM

Congratulations tu2

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Some pictures of mine;

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Ozhunter,
Another example of Verney-Carron artistry. Beautiful! What caliber dis you go with and when do you get it?
Congratulations! tu2

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Hope to have it within a month and its a 470.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
Hope to have it within a month and its a 470.

Can't wait to see the final photos of it in your hands and some field reports ...

Since it was mentioned in another thread, I will post some photos of targets from the four Verney-Carron doubles I have owned:

My first V-C in 600NE

Factory test target:

and a few of my own:

my bespoke V-C 600NE

the 450/400 I sold to a friend:

and my 375 Flanged:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doc, A little off topic but I noticed you put a Minox scope on one of your rifles. What has been your opinion of it so far? After trying and really liking their better binoculars I put the 1.5 - 8x32 on my 9.3 Chapuis and after the first few sessions I think it will really fit the bill. I particularly like the eye relief.

NRA Endowment Member
DRSS

Posts: 231 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 05 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
BB,
I put the same scope on the 375. I agree regarding the eye relief but haven't enough experience with it to say good or not. For me it will take a couple of seasons in the field before I could recommend one as I would Leupold.
Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Sample of 375Flanged loads I plan to try out...

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BayouBob:
Doc, A little off topic but I noticed you put a Minox scope on one of your rifles. What has been your opinion of it so far? After trying and really liking their better binoculars I put the 1.5 - 8x32 on my 9.3 Chapuis and after the first few sessions I think it will really fit the bill. I particularly like the eye relief.

Hey Bob,

I knew someone had asked my opinion of the Minox scope but I couldn't remember who until I looked at this thread again.

It was great on the 375Fl - good eye relief, excellent clarity and great light-gathering abilities. I like it a lot. Have only a few hundred 375s through it so no comments yet on longevity but I am pretty happy with it so far and would buy another with no reservations.

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Holly cow Batman !!!

Those are pieces of art !!! Those VC are a BEAUTY !!

What a pity is not possible for me to import them !! Just imagine a small 8x57 or 30-06 in one of those CRYBABY

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You guys are making me want to get rid of all my cheap doubles and order one of these from Ken.

Life Is For Service
DRSS

Posts: 254 | Location: South Florida | Registered: 26 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Awww go ahead and take the plunge! It'll be worth the effort.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tarawa:
You guys are making me want to get rid of all my cheap doubles and order one of these from Ken.

Like Mike just said - go ahead and take the plunge ...

Then take it/them to Africa and go do

this

and this

aong other things ...

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Hey Jorge,

Some samples from which to choose as you contemplate your V-C 375Flanged build beer

One of Us
Picture of subsailor74
posted Hide Post
Let me add my 450/400 round action to this stable of beauties!

Posts: 1594 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 29 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
sub, you are right, that is a beauty.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Subsailor74,

I want one exactly like that!!!

Beautiful!!!

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Anxiously awaiting my 500NE Round Body. Went with CCH and Gold banner and "Safe", enhanced engraving, gold oval with initials, leather recoil pad, articulated trigger, and a few others I can't remember right now.

Until then, here a few pics of my VC 577NE to add to the thread. Enjoy:

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
My sentiments exactly. That rifle looks so sleek and classic I could mistake it for a genuine British DR.

quote:
Originally posted by CCMDoc:
Subsailor74,

I want one exactly like that!!!

Beautiful!!!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11248 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
A sample pic of my .500. I had it in my hands last year but it had to be re exported and now finally it is on it's way. Seem to remember it had a pretty piece of wood on it.

Lary Knowlton put two cans of beer out at 50 yards and told me if I could hit them both I could keep the gun. The gun came up beautifully.

After the first can exploded I objected to Lary that it was not fair asking me to shoot at another ice cold beer especially as it was a hot day. Being a good sort he let me drink the beer and keep the gun.

Will post pics of wood and stuff hopefully next week.

Must say I was very happy with the .470 and it put down a couple of hippo at close quarters. However the .500 just feels like it is in a different league.

The VC is a lot of double for the price and in my humble opinion is far superior in quality to the other PH models on the market.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9983 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Great pictures gents! Right now I'm thinking of just "cloning" my 450 and adding mounts for a scope of course.

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Fairgame,

Welcome to the AR VC Mafia!!

They really are nice weapons. For the same price as the "next grade up PH model" that is very unfinished looking, you can get all the same features such as intercepting sears and ejectors, PLUS others such as stalking safety, leather recoil pad, CCH, shadow line cheekpiece, full coverage engraving, and a few others.

Cheers and congrats on your new rifle.

Admiral Dave,

That's a very nice looking Round Body! A fine weapon sir!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
After 2 years in the field my VC 450NE is looking a little battered already... not sure I should post pics among these beautiful guns!!

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:
After 2 years in the field my VC 450NE is looking a little battered already... not sure I should post pics among these beautiful guns!!

No man, let's see it! Battle scars add to the beauty. That is unless you've been using it for a boat paddle like Buzz's old Ruger RSM! Whistling

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some very nice looking wood and metal there gents.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
Fellas:
This is the best and most useful post I've seen in a long time on AR. You are all lucky gents to own such fine rifles.

I'm working on a mid sized double (.350 Rigby) as I write this and if it does not come my way, I may break my own tradition of vintage English rifles and see about a VC in .300 flanged or .350 Rigby no2.
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
Cal, I am surprised! ...lead us not into temptation...

Tom

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 989 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Here are just a few photos of my Verney-Carron 577NE

Ken Buch will have it at DSC

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Graham:

A demonstration of living the life, not hiding in the safe.

Show 'em Matt!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure will when I get a chance!! This is all I have at my present location - my own trophy scrub bull.

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have a photo of a VC with more of a splinter forearm than the standard, semi-beaverish one? Would be nice to see it as I plan on that for my first DR.

Posts: 156 | Location: Preferably in the woods with my Verney-Carron .450/400 NE double rifle | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fo Fiddy NE:
Does anyone have a photo of a VC with more of a splinter forearm than the standard, semi-beaverish one? Would be nice to see it as I plan on that for my first DR.

This is a typical Verney "Splinter" styled for-end, not too dissimilar H&H for-end offering;

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ozhunter. It looks a little different from the typical VC forearms but its a little hard to tell from the photo. Looks nice...

Posts: 156 | Location: Preferably in the woods with my Verney-Carron .450/400 NE double rifle | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oz, what caliber is that little beauty? And thanks for sharing btw!!

DRSS

Posts: 1168 | Location: Pamplico, SC USA | Registered: 24 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Well, since Doc Paul asked for more pics and he kindly posted my "raw" pics of my VC, I thought I'd add the finished product:

I'm pretty pleased the way the CCH turned out...

Here is Jorge's 450/400 450 Nitro Express 3 1/4" HeMan, Woman-Hater's Club Boomer as it comes along:

If you have photos, post them here. For those waiting on their Verney-Carron, post photos here as well as in your "announcement" thread.[/QUOTE]

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Turned out beautiful Jorge! beer

Ok, to round out my collection, I'll take subsailor74's 450-400 and Jorge's 450NE ...

THEN I will be satisfied ...

For a while Wink

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Satisfied?

Ha, no such thing when it comes to doubles!! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Richard Bell-Cross has the best looking one I reckon...

There must a be a thread or images somewhere...??

Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - TV