New
Find
Notify
Tools

Searcy Classic 450 NE
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gents, sort of a "pre-game" as I am going to list my literally unused Searcy Classic that I got back about 2007 or so. It was ordered by a gent, but I took delivery of it. It is a 450 NE and will come with approx. 10 boxes of Hornady factory ammo...but it is not regulated for it. Has about 12-14 shots total thru it and is in perfect condition. I will post pics, etc. shortly, but have been slammed at the office and just wanted to give a heads-up. PM if you need some info quicker.
Thanks!

Gary

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh...sorry....have dies, shellholder and a fair amount of great brass for it as well.

Thx.

G

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
What load was it regulated with?

How does the Hornady factory ammo group out of your rifle?

Price?

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry....on the road....will get you info asap. Hornady loads chrono about 2110-2120 fps and is slower than Butch's load. The group well, but a bit wider than Butch's regulation load which escapes me right now.

I'm looking at $12K plus shipping to your FFL for the lot.

Gary

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Hey, How did your sale go?

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Awesome caliber, the best of the rest! Smiler

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42171 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Searcys come with the regulation load. Mine is lots of 4831; I can dig it out if anyone wants to know.

Posts: 17286 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote