THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Dan Walter double rifle case info
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dan Walter double rifle case info
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just purchased a pre-owned Searcy double rifle 500 N.E. and it came with a Dan Walter case with a combination lock that was set at 000. Does anyone know how to set the combination on the case. Dakota Arms last owned them, but hasn't made them in 4 years and all the employees are gone which might know, He is going to look but wasn't too optimistic.

Posts: 234 | Location: tx | Registered: 30 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
On most of my combination lock gun cases you push the opening button the opposite way you would to open and while holding the button in this position you set the combo to what you want. If that doesn't work it's worth a trip to a locksmith

Hope that helps.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
Maybe call one of the big Dakota dealers like Gulf Breeze, First Stop Guns, or Hendershots. I bet they would know how to do this.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll give that a try, haven't heard back from Dakota Arms yet. At least the rifle isn't in it and locked, it is a nice case and would hate to mess it up.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You got it about dead on, got a reply from Dakota Arms who found the instructions.
Comes from factory set on 000, to change make flip open lock arm and keep it open while pushing button to the left toward the combination and holding it while setting the new combination. Then release the button and your good to go and can change it anytime by repeating the sequence.
Thanks again for the help.