New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pretty Nice Double
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
May be old news but I was at the Buda Cabelas today and they had a pretty decent Bernadelli 475 #2 for sale. A good clean unembellished working gun it appeared. Price was ~$7500 IIRC.

Posts: 1575 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Damn right its a nice gun..If I was not into 2 doubles right now I'd buy it in a heartbeat, and add a 1" spacer and go hunting with it!
Its a .483 gun--nice caliber!

Well, maybe it was the Sabbati's for 2K cheaper that kept drawing my attention: Wink

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ed, step away from the Kool-Aid!!!

Posts: 20140 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Hell, Biebs! You will buy the damn thing-- I guess I'd rather deal with you than Hal!

Ed

DRSS Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm working on Hal for that Fanzoi sidelock in 500/465...he's bringing it to the DSC so I can see it. Love that gun.

Posts: 20140 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Biebs, work a deal with both of them then cut me a hell of a deal-- you know you owe me on a box of 300 Peg...Wink

DRSS Member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll bet the Bernardelli would be a nice-looking gun if the stock was stripped and the finish darkened, along with my usual red Old English pad. You have to watch the regulation on Italian and Spanish DRs, though....not their strong point sometimes. But no worry...I could always grind the muzzles to make it shoot well for my good friend Ed B !!! :-)

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I held that gun last week as I usually stop in the Buda Cabelas on my drive to and from work each week. It's the half way point on my 7 hour commute.

That gun looks really good but pick it up and you'll immediately change your mind! I can't remember EVER holding a rifle with such a barrel heavy balance point. It was shocking really. I placed my hand under it to see where it balanced. It was well out under the forearm.

The other double they have is really nice however. The K gun in 470. It has a nice piece of wood and I think it's priced at $9750.

One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
I was back in the store today and looked at the 475 #2 again. The balance point on that rifle is about 1" IN FRONT of the rear sight. That should give you some indication how barrel heavy it is!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes clearly it was muzzle heavy. Do you know what the rifle weighs?

Posts: 1575 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DoubleDon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Boxhead:
Yes clearly it was muzzle heavy. Do you know what the rifle weighs?

Cabelas has it listed at 10# 10 oz.

Deo Vindice,

Don

Sons of Confederate Veterans Black Horse Camp #780

Posts: 1698 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 01 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well someone bought it.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
I'll bet the Bernardelli would be a nice-looking gun if the stock was stripped and the finish darkened, along with my usual red Old English pad. You have to watch the regulation on Italian and Spanish DRs, though....not their strong point sometimes. But no worry...I could always grind the muzzles to make it shoot well for my good friend Ed B !!! :-)

No problem with the regulation on this one (six shots, Kynoch factory ammo). Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 21391 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like a keeper to me.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike, you got it? Great!

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Good shooting! Congrats on the 'new rifle'!

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Mike you got it bad the... the double gun bug.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The Devil definitely has a hold on me.

Mike

Posts: 21391 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote