THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Be sure to Congratulate STEVE, new DR owner
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Be sure to Congratulate STEVE, new DR owner
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 470CapstickA2
posted
He finally took the plunge, and my coggie has a new owner.... Welcome to the fraternity

I'm keeping my coggie receiver hitch cover though

Al

NRA Life Memeber
SCI Life Member
Dallas Safari Life Member
DRSS
We Band of Bubbas

Posts: 404 | Location: Washington, DC/Arlington | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Thanks Al.

The proverbial 'check is in the mail'. Just dropped them in the box this morning.

I hope you guys will be gentle with me in what is sure to be a seemingly endless string of inane questions. Like 'where do I get polyfill' and 'how do I measure rim thickness' and 'is a rockchucker tall enough?'. I'm sure to think up some more.

Now I'm off to edit my signature and add DRSS to it.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Steve
Welcome to the DRSS [Double rifle Shooters Society].

I have shot that rifle and it shoots good.

You can get polyester filling at most craft or sewing stores.

I prefer to cut out foam, with a chamfered [to sharpen it] 50 BMG case.

The foam that is flat on both sides [ie not egg crate type] that comes in most rifle cases is fine.

Just be sure that whatever filler you use is compressed between the bullet base and the powder.

I have shot identical loads with poly and 3 different kinds of foam and could tell no difference.

Do not be afraid to ask any questions you might have.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And the Rockchucker is not tall enough. Get yourself a Lee Classic Cast Press. I bought one recently for loading .450 #2's and it works flawlessly. Also, they are VERY reasonably priced. Pretty much the only metallic reloading equipment I own that is NOT RCBS!

Posts: 386 | Location: Oshawa, Ontario, Canada | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 30ott6
posted Hide Post
Steve- Congratulations! I knew Al would sell his rifle quickly. While at the DSC I looked at the Heym PH, I liked it. My second year of temptation. Sometime I will cave in!!

Glad you got home OK, it was great meeting you.

John

Posts: 1143 | Location: Cody, WY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WVFred
posted Hide Post
Steve,
Congratulations I'm sure you're going to enjoy it.

Fred

DRSS Member

Posts: 905 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Steve: Green with envy here. Good on ya.
Bill down in southern Oregon

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16532 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. I can't wait to get it. Even Lisa (the wife) is excited as I've been asking her for a double on every Christmas and Birthday for the past several years.

Plan to whack a buff or two with it

Now if I can only talk her into an elephant hunt...

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
WTG, Steve!
Congratulations

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
Congrats Steve. Be careful though, if you don't watch out they multiply. dancing

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
470 is right, they are like the old chip commercial, you just can't stop with one. Thats ok with us though. This disease that afflicts us here at the DRSS is not one which we are seeking a cure, just a fix.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1257 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Damn...

First was the cocaine habit (kicked for 20 years), then the African hunting habit (no willpower here), and now this.

Atleast I could hide the coke habit from my friends and family.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------