THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Test of Merkel w/ 4064 & 286gr Privi Partisan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Test of Merkel w/ 4064 & 286gr Privi Partisan
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Tested the Merkel today with 286 Privi Partisan, Norma Cases, 210M primers, and IMR 4064. I started at 53grains, and increased by .5 grain until I reached a max load of 56.5grains, and loaded four of these. The picture below pretty much tells the story. I should note that all the shots were taken from a bag but the last three, which were taken with my elbows rested on bags, but my hand unsupported. This changed the point of impact.

The max was about 100fps lower than max V in Nosler’s manual, but their data was taken from a 26†barrel. Mine is about 23â€, and I figure roughly 25fps per inch of tube. My data seems to be very close to their data.

I’d like to thank those of you who provided much needed info and suggestions. They worked. Other than PRE, which I don’t agree with (sorry), is there any other way to judge pressure in a double gun? Thank you again, Kudude.

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck with the PRVI bullets as well, however, based on questions I have asked here, I don't believe that I would use them in Africa.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter,

They are a fairly inexpensive bullet and 286grs; that is their charm for me. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote