New
Find
Notify
Tools

New double rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am in the process go buying a A.W. Wolf suhl 9.3x74r double rifle from Cabelas does any one have any information on the maker. I have went on line and found very little information. Thanks. RNB

Posts: 243 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 06 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you looking at the O/U?

The only ting I could find on A.W. Wolf was in German.

A. W. Wolf

You may be able to contact them on the web for info using the Kontakt

info@jagdwaffen-wolf.de

Keep us up to date on your journey.

Eric

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well the o/u double rifle has arrived and it looks like a good deal if anyone is interested there are photos listed at the Cabelas gun library under A.W Wolf Suhl in Springfield OR. The prices was right and it looks well made just wished that there was more information on the maker.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Looks like a nice rifle! Hope it finds a good home!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I took the A.W. wolf 9.3x74r that i just bought down to jj at Champlin Arm today to have it check out. His first impressions was very positive but he going to go thru it completely just to have a clean bill of health, while I was going down anyway I also took my Heym 55b in 375 H&H mag I had bought several year ago to have it checked out I found JJ very nice to deal with and with a lot of knowledge on both guns you couldn't ask for any thing more both guns will be completed in about 30 day what great service. RNB

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I got a phone call from JJ about the new gun purchase, he informed me that the gun was in out standing condition and he could not find nothing major wrong. He went on to state that the gun shot factory norma 286 gr ammunition into a one and half inch group at 100 yards and was one of the best handling 9.3x74r he had shot. He also stated the Heym 55B I asked him to check out was also in great shape and ::was able to shoot 300gr Federal in to a two inch group at one hundard yards, so it looks like I have my Africa hunting battery for next year. :dancing

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Good news all around!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes that is good news. I think JJ is the best.
Bill

Member DSC,DRSS,NRA,TSRA
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain
There ought to be one day - just one – when there is open season on Congressmen.
~Will Rogers~

Posts: 1132 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 09 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got both guns back from JJ and am very happy with his performance and how little time it took for him to take care of both of the rifles. I am now looking for reloading information for the 9.3x74r reloading start data jj used norma factory 286 gr ammo. I have the same 286gr bullets and a ton of norma cases on hand I have look at all the loading data I can find and nothing shown in the listed loads are as fast as the factory data shows. RNB