New
Find
Notify
Tools

FAIR Iside rifle
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Actually got to take a look at one over Easter weekend. This one was a sideplated boxlock, combo set, 30R and 20ga, the guy that had it wanted 7500 Cdn for it. Wasn't expecting to see one this quickly.
Had the short barrels, fixed regulation, an angled front glo-pin sight. Was really light with the rifle barrels on, maybe 7lbs? Rolled engraving on the sideplates that ran off the top.
Asked him what he knew about the regulation on them, he said "no problem, they use lasers".
I just said "fine".
So, Sabatti probably has some competition.

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
I believe Fair and Sabatti are owned by the same holding company.

http://www.italianfirearmsgroup.com/

Competition is good for the products and the customer.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Lasers! Do they use Dremmel also?

Whistling

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The part that got me, in what he said about the lasers, was that I mentioned to him that some others had some trouble with using lasers to set up SXS's, but, they were OK with shotgun barrels, he just laughed and said they could do anything with lasers now. FAIR is much like Sabatti in that they build some decent shotguns,hope they don't screw themselves up on these. By the look of it they should be a price point gun, at say 5000, but, the way they set up their options, was a bit strange, when I first saw the info a few months ago. It just seemed haywire to me. There again, too, they probably won't have a Cabelas type of promo distribution around N. America.

Posts: 284 | Location: southern AB | Registered: 17 May 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Lasers! Do they use Dremmel also?

Whistling

........................ jumping

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote