THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Where Have The Sabattis Gone?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where Have The Sabattis Gone?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just checked on Gunsinternational, and there are only 3 Sabatti double rifles up for sale. One by Cabelas and two from Steve Barnett that have been re-regulated.

What has happened here? I know Cabelas have limited their relationship with Sabatti, but there ought to be some sort of opportunity here for someone to cut a deal with Sabatti given they properly regulate their guns. Raise the price to retail $6500 for a gun that shoots true and see what happens.

I'll be glad to be the distributor, need investors. Can it be done, and can Sabbati properly regulate a double?

Mike

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yes, I am convinced they can as all three of the big bore Sabs I had and have shot to within 2 inches at 50 yards with no issues. They just needed some good technical advice which they did not get the first time around, with some rifles.

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine too has no issues with 2" at 50 yards.

Posts: 3701 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
I think it is very telling that there are only 3 for sale. That tells me that the folks that have them are quite content and have no interest in resale. That is certainly my situation and I do not envision ever selling it.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Why not give them a call and tell us what they said if you are interested in being the distributor.
I would be interested in a small caliber or 45-70 if they would build them left handed.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
I think there could be a good market for the small frame guns chambered in 30-30, 7x65R, and 8x57R.
Both of my Sabatti's are fine shooters, well regulated and accurate. I will never sell either one.

Posts: 32 | Location: Southeast Idaho | Registered: 25 November 2012Reply With Quote