THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Hornady 450 Nitro ammo - Group buy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hornady 450 Nitro ammo - Group buy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just presenting an idea as there seems to be a good deal of interest in the 450 Nitro 3 1/4. Hornady DGS solid ammo can sometimes be found for about $60 a box but the GSX is more expensive. Even though I am a die hard reloader one can not ignore that new brass is $46 per 20 so paying about $14 more for loaded ammo is a great deal.

I do not have any connections to purchasing ammo under a group buy and am hoping someone here can help. But I would be in for one case (10 boxes) of DGX ammo. Others are welcome to add what they would buy and perhaps someone here has the influence or ability to get the ammo ordered.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can check a few sources when I get back from the DSC.

Posts: 20147 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
Randy,
I got a case of DGX from the Missouri outfit that has auctions at GB. Delivered price was about $90 to Anch. Much better numbers than Great Northern or Boondocks.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike,
Thanks. But at $90 I would be better off to buy brass and reload.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
I don't need any 450#2's but since it looks like this thread is full of us Alaskans I'll ask what ever happened to the talk of an Alaskan DRSS shoot. A couple of the guys here mentioned it a couple months ago?

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm game. I usually take my Chapuis and Rem 06 to Birchwood every couple of weeks.

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
The DRSS Shoot Out will be in the spring after it warms up some. I talked to Cal Pappas and he said we could do it up in Willow at his place.
He's even got a standing rest already built.
If all else fails it should be fun to be able to put a face with a name on here.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would also take a case of 10 boxes if anybody can put this together.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote