THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Kynoch 450 BPE factory ammo with strange bullets
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kynoch 450 BPE factory ammo with strange bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted
I have a few boxes of factory 450 BPE Kynoch. They are loaded with lead projectiles with what appears to be a copper brad in the tip. Has anyone ever seen these? What are they called? What is the purpose?

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1262 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
If it is vintage ammo I believe the copper tube was used to help the bullet expand.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
If you will let me know the colors of the box, and the caliber and bullet markings on the box, and the precise name of the maker listed on the box, and the alphanumerical code printed on the box, I can tell you all there is to know about it.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13618 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Are they like these? Closed over copper tube inserted in hollow point, most likely to protect the large hollow points in soft lead bullets during handling and feeding, ultimately providing a bullet with good expansion at low BP velocities.

Posts: 3906 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Eagle27, That is what they look like.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1262 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote