New
Find
Notify
Tools

sling swivels for doubles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know where to get sling swivels for the older rifles that have the large diameter studs??

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
http://www.traderkeith.com/products.html

There sling swivels at the bottom of the page that reference European or American studs. Maybe the European studs are larger????

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
The older British used a hook and eye style like the old Winchester rifles. They're getting hard to find now.
The next best is this,

http://www.jeffsoutfitters.com...id=152&categoryid=62

Just tie the strap thru the swivel eye on the rifle.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
On my Westley Richards .375 I made an insert from a bolt turned down to fit inside the hook loop. Then I just drilled a hole in the insert to fit a uncle mikes swivel.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Akshooter:
On my Westley Richards .375 I made an insert from a bolt turned down to fit inside the hook loop. Then I just drilled a hole in the insert to fit a uncle mikes swivel.

This is a most practical solution! Great idea.

Thanks,

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One of my clever buddies had used a piece of aquarium tubing inside the sling swivel. Cheap and quiet to boot! Bob

Posts: 1286 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Call and talk to Kevin at Westley Richards. He has some of the old English hook style in stock. They are hard to find, but I happened to stumble on to them. I think they're $30 a pair.

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Here's some pics of what I did. I could have done better and this rifle deserves it but it works.

after I made the insert for the front a friend of mine made the rear to match.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mike7, thanks for the advice, ordered a pair of the euro style today from your source!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi, I just ordered a European swivel for a heym bolt gun, and I ordered it from NECG. I also had to order one of the American swivels for the rear stud.

The difference between them isn't a difference of the stud diameter, but the width of the swivel base. The width on the Americans is about 5/8", and the Europeans are 6mm.

Actually, looking at it again, it looks like the European stud is smaller (Here's a pic, with European stud on the right, American on the left).

Posts: 89 | Location: SW Washington | Registered: 23 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PNW you are right. Trader Keith called today to clarify they are not larger to fit the uero stud. He cautioned the hook style will mar the finish on the barrel. Looks like I will have to try the tubing trick. Sure don't want to ruin the finish on the barrels. Thanks everyone for the advice!