New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chapuis 450/400
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Champlin Arms just listed the Chapuis chambered in 450/400, 3 inch.

Posts: 35 | Location: Southwest Kansas | Registered: 27 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Nice looking rifle too for under $10,000.

http://www.champlinarms.com/De...StyleID=3&GunID=2229

Mike

Posts: 21719 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just buy it and then post pictures!
Interesting caliber.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, a nice walk-around DR with enough bullet weight to "get 'er done".

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
That is a nice rifle at a very attractive price.

DRSS

Posts: 2281 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a very good looking double.It would do any African animal in.
What a great first double.
Larry
Or second or third

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite calibers!

If they would take my 600 Overkill in trade ...

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3465 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 460 wby shooter
posted Hide Post
Will it be available in the 470 nitro?

Posts: 817 | Location: jimtown ND | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
IIRC 470 has been a standard at Chapuis for a long time.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, there's a nice 470 Chapuis on Guns International for $9,850 IIRC.

Posts: 20164 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dave Bush
posted Hide Post
Jon:

Here is the one I want:

http://www.gunsinternational.c...cfm?gun_id=100218292

Dave
DRSS
Chapuis 9.3X74
Chapuis "Jungle" .375 FL
Krieghoff 500/.416 NE
Krieghoff 500 NE

"Git as close as y can laddie an then git ten yards closer"

"If the biggest, baddest animals on the planet are on the menu, and you'd rather pay a taxidermist than a mortician, consider the 500 NE as the last word in life insurance." Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading (8th Edition).

Posts: 3728 | Location: Midwest | Registered: 26 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave, that's a looker, for sure! Bailey's making me a 375 Flanged to go with the 500 NE as a matched set. Can't wait.

One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
So you're after a set of quintuplets from Bailey then?? Big Grin

That is after a few more..

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Give a man a welfare check, a free cell phone with free monthly minutes, food stamps, section 8 housing, a forty ounce malt liquor, a crack pipe and some Air Jordan's and he votes Democrat for a lifetime.

Posts: 4096 | Location: Cherkasy Ukraine  | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I wish it weighed about two more pounds.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19366 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
If you'd lose a couple wouldn't that balance it out?

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
Picture of McKay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bush:
Jon:

Here is the one I want:

http://www.gunsinternational.c...cfm?gun_id=100218292

Is that gun built on a 450 to 500 sized frame?

Mac

Posts: 1747 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: 01 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Has Chapuis always made a double in .450-400? I recall from talking to the guy at the Chapuis booth at SCI the past 2 years that they weren't chambering in that yet but were thinking about it.

Posts: 156 | Location: Preferably in the woods with my Verney-Carron .450/400 NE double rifle | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Nice looking rifle too for under $10,000.

http://www.champlinarms.com/De...StyleID=3&GunID=2229

I tried to resist......I managed to do so for 10 days but, then I called JJ and he made it so easy. I now have one on order made to my dimensions...... dancing

Cliff
NRA Life Member
CMP Distinguished Rifleman
NRA Master, Short and Long Range

Posts: 436 | Location: Fulshear, TX | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Cliff! Look forward to seeing you and your new double!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
I wish it weighed about two more pounds.

Saints be praised!
dancing

Use the Force, Will! Turn away from the Dark Side! rotflmo

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations she is a real beauty, you are lucky I didn't have a spare 10,000 when I looked at it on the 2nd and 3rd at SCI.Have fun with her. Bill

DRSS

Posts: 180 | Location: Vancouver Island/High Arctic | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in one, especially since they are making the barrels a bit longer than most, and the gun a reasonable weight. Anybody else selling these? For personal reasons, I will not deal with George Caswell.

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3839 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JJ Perodeau is a Chapuis distributor. You can deal directly with him.

Posts: 362 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 25 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bwanna
posted Hide Post
I hefted this .450/400 several times at SCI. It sure pointed nice and JJ is right, it is a lot of double for the money. I have the Chapuis .470 and I can attest, it is a nice gun. Goes bang every time I pull the trigger and if I do my part the bullets go where they're supposed to.

Posts: 1667 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 12 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike Brooks
posted Hide Post
There are other dealers as well, Dale Nygaard at Heirloom Armes and Kebco's son also IIRC.

Show around some.

NRA Life
ASSRA Life
DRSS

Today's Quote:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I ordered my Chapuis 30R UGEX about two months ago NOBODY else could or would beat the terms and price offered to me by Dale Nygaard.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote