THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Pedersoli Double Gunbroker Going, Going, Gone!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pedersoli Double Gunbroker Going, Going, Gone!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted
The auction.

[Yes, it has to be imported from Switzerland!]

I guess it was deemed over market as not many late bids. I do remember when we saw them for $1500 or so.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
I would not have gone to the trouble to bring one from Switzerland, but I have wanted one of those for years. For short range work on feral hogs it would be ideal. (and on Elephant sofa
sofa)

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
They had the importation arranged, for a "small fee."

I believe they auctioned it before without that arrangement with no takers, but I could be mistaken.

Doubles are fun on hogs!

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Charles_Helm:
The auction.

[Yes, it has to be imported from Switzerland!]

I guess it was deemed over market as not many late bids. I do remember when we saw them for $1500 or so.

Let me know if you ever see that rifle!

The seller, if he has the rifle at all, is wrong, that rifle is not exempt from FFL rules, and requires an import licence by a ffl dealer!

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MacD37:

Let me know if you ever see that rifle!

The seller, if he has the rifle at all, is wrong, that rifle is not exempt from FFL rules, and requires an import licence by a ffl dealer!

I did not bid -- but there is a note in red at the bottom of the listing acknowledging the error:

ATTENTION - LISTING ERROR:
THERE IS A ITALIAN SMOKELESS PROOF MARK (PSF)!
MODERN .45-70 AMMO CAN BE USED AND THIS IS WHY A US IMPORT PERMIT IS REQUIRED.
OUR US IMPORT DEALER WILL FILE THE PAPERWORK (form 6) AND HANDEL
THE IMPORT FOR A SMALL FEE.

At least I think that is what they meant by the note.

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Final bid, $2,200

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hog Killer:
Final bid, $2,200

Keith

Yes, that is what it was when I posted this. I originally titled it with "49 minutes to go at $2200" or words to that effect but edited the title after the auction closed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
we'll see what the import brokers "small fee " is.

last one i did the fee was $250, plus all duties , taxes etc

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
couldn't that gun be reamed to 458 win mag?

FREEDOM OVER FEAR!

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jstltrs:
couldn't that gun be reamed to 458 win mag?

It would be a better choice to go with one of the .450 Nitro rounds, they are rimmed and lower pressure, and some have been done before. Not that I recommend the conversion. There are a lot of older posts about it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
they would be a good value even at the 3500 i would think then.

FREEDOM OVER FEAR!