New
Find
Notify
Tools

New to double rifles
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I do not own a double rifle, but I sure would like too. Going to Zim. in late October for buffalo. This will be my third trip over. Second for buffalo. Hoping to take two on this trip.

Can anyone out there tell me about Anderson Wheeler?

Thanks

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Is that Stuart Anderson-Wheeler?

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is Bruce Anderson Wheeler in London

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted Hide Post
Shameless plug:

See my .500 Merkel in classifieds (link below).

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1582 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Stuart Anderson-Wheeler is a PH based in London that hunts in Tanzania. He's a good guy.

If the "Anderson Wheeler" you're talking about is a gun-maker, then I've not heard of him.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of them, but they do have a website with a pretty rifle

Link

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10552 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
I've never heard of them, but they do have a website with a pretty rifle

Link

Their double looks to be a re-stocked Demas with square back and mono-block barrels.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Chris is right....looks A LOT like the "moustached" Demas action. The bolt express rifles look proper....very nice.

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Yep, Looks like a Demas, nothing wrong with them, but I bet it has a London $$$ tag with it.

If I wanted a english gun I'd get a Westely Richards boxlock, dollar is good right now 1.52 on 4X a few min ago.

32K sterling X 1.54(exchange) =$49,280US
for a damn nice brit, that will go up as soon as this eco shakes out in 10 to 15 years Smiler

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had not heard of them before either, but what do I really know about double rifles, except I really want one, but really can not justify one. At 60 how many moe trips acrooss the water do I have left? I have twice and have a hunt planned for early fall.

But it sure is a pretty rifle on there web site.

Thanks for the info guys. I have emailed company for information but have not heard back. I might give their usa number a call just out of curiosity.

H Kittle

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505ED:
Yep, Looks like a Demas, nothing wrong with them, but I bet it has a London $$$ tag with it.

If I wanted a english gun I'd get a Westely Richards boxlock, dollar is good right now 1.52 on 4X a few min ago.

32K sterling X 1.54(exchange) =$49,280US
for a damn nice brit, that will go up as soon as this eco shakes out in 10 to 15 years Smiler

Ed

Yes, if you survive Obama with the right to own firearms! thumbdown

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just got some info from Anderson Wheeler. They are a new company in London. Starting price is $25,000.00 grand.

Don't think I will be buy now, but they sure are pretty.