New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rhino bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have read and studied a lot of comments regarding CEB, North Folk, Woodleigh's etc here on Double Rifles, but no one seems to have any comments or experience regarding SA's own bullet - The Rhino !

How come ? Any opinions ?

The more I know, the less I wonder !

Posts: 1143 | Location: Oslo area, Norway | Registered: 26 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have several packs of 10rds from BELL that are 416 Rigby loaded with 410gr bullets. There is a picture of a Rhino on the packs but there is no identification as to the bullet mfg on the package---just solid or softnose. I got them thru a dealer friend trying to help a widow get rid of some things. She also had an Ultralite in 416 Rigby that weighed about 6.5lbs. I don't have a clue if the picture relates at all to the bullet but maybe someone knows.

Posts: 892 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
My experiences with Rhino bullets are limited to 30-06 and 9.3 x 62
I have experienced good field results on both calibres . On the 9.3 x 62 , their monolithic solids were excellent penetrators on Buffalo and Elephant.
A full test on their large calibre bullets would be interesting. Michael has been great in giving us fantastic data on different bullets and calibres. Obviously putting hours and hours of his time into this. Maybe one day test some Rhinos ?

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
She also had an Ultralite in 416 Rigby that weighed about 6.5lbs

Eeker
Sure would like to put a hundred rounds through that one, off a bench, wearing a t-shirt!

NRA Endowment Member
DRSS

Posts: 231 | Location: Arkansas Delta | Registered: 05 August 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
a 6.5 pound Rigby?? ... OUCH!!!

Have used the 425 Rino in a .458 AccRel. Very accurate bullet at abt 2400 fps. Shot a cloverleaf at 80 yards during sight-in in South Africa.

Largest thing I shot with it was a huge Eland. DRT at 184 yard. Knocked a Blue Wildebeast off its feet at 65 yards ... another DRT. Bullet blew right through.

Only have about 100 left. Not sure if I can replace them in the US any more.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote