THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Franz Sodia 338 Double Rifle
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Franz Sodia 338 Double Rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
While visiting Akshooter I had a chance to handle and shoot his 338 Win Mag double rifle.

As many of you know I have shot and handled many double rifles. Let me say up front that this Frans Sodia is one if the best handling, feeling double rifles I have ever touched.

It feels like a British gun, not at all like a Continental gun.
It fit me perfectly.
We tested some loads with the 250 Nosler Partition and the 275 Speer. The rifle shot very well, but needed a second trip to the range to finialize the loads. We loaded them up but did not have time to shoot them. AKshooter did test them after I left and can report on the results.

The rifle is fited with claw mounts.

The rifle ejected perfectly. It was tight on face, and opened with out problem.

WE shot at the Fish and Wild Life range in Anchorage and to my suprise they had a very nice, high tech standing bench rest. The nicest I have ever seen.

This Frans Sodia 338 double is one of the nicest doubles I have ever seen.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Did you take any pictures of the 338? I know that Akshooter is "techno" challegned, would like to see that rifle. Sounds sweet!

DRSS &
Bolt Action Trash

Posts: 860 | Location: Arizona + Just as far as memory reaches | Registered: 04 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Azguy
Sorry no pictures.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Tony,
This being retired and traveling around hunting and visiting new friends and shooting their doubles could be a burden on ya. Let me know if I can sub in for ya? animal

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
OK guys mr T has been after me to tell ya'll about what his loads did in my .338.

We started the .338 at 63 gr 4831 and 250 gr Nosler. We ended up on the first day at 66 gr.

The loads started out printing about 4 inches right to left with the light load. By the time we got to 66 gr. we were down to about two and a half. We also got similar results with speer 275 gr.

Next we loaded up from there but didn't need to go far with it because with 67 gr. the shots were on top of each other.

My next trip to the range I'll load 66.4 gr. and see if that won't keep the shots flying along paralel.

Thanks 450 This is working out better than my old load of 250 gr with 4350.

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Akshooter
posted Hide Post
Oh ya should have mentioned. Testing done at fifty yards with iron sights.

After I get this dialed in I'll snap the scope on and see if it all holds togather with the scope at 100 yds

DRSS
NRA life
AK Master Guide 124

Posts: 1562 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote