THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    scope base(s) ring for Merkel 141
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

scope base(s) ring for Merkel 141
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I recently purchased a 141 in 30-06, it has a rear scope base but no front. It has 4 equally spaced screw hole forward of the rear base. Where does one buy the front bases and scope rings for this configuration

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2300 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of zimbabwe
posted Hide Post
I used the MAK bases and rings on my 141 in 8x57R. Ordered them from MAK direct and it took less than a week via email and Visa. The rear base came on my 141 and I merely drove out the dovetail filler in front and drove in the MAK pivot base. Tell them the scope you intend to use and they will supply the proper ring heights. I used a Leupold VX III 1.5x5. The rear ring actually has an excentric in it that gives you some windage adjustment. Beautifully designed and finished base and rings. Seems like they were around $500 but this was a year or so ago. They even sent me a collet to hold the rear spacer in case It should require machining for a more perfect fit (it didn't) to your gun. Cannot reccomend them highly enough. Courteous and helpful in the extreme. The boxes give both German and Belgian addresses. I communicated with someone in Belguim. The parent company is Kilic International bvba, BP58,B-3800 Saint-Trond 1, Belguim ----kilic.international@pandora.be ------ If you describe your gun and give them the serial number they can specfiy the proper mount. Hope that helps.

SCI Life Member
NRA Patron Life Member
DRSS

Posts: 2786 | Location: Green Valley,Az | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered mine direct from Merkel USA. Give them a call and they can advise on the proper mounts. The rear base has to be ground to fit the proper height.

Posts: 892 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote