THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    My .500 W J Jeffery...so far!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My .500 W J Jeffery...so far!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
[IMG:left] [/IMG]
[IMG:top] [/IMG]

John

Posts: 172 | Location: Ireland/London | Registered: 09 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lovely rifle, is Jeffery still in business?

BTW, can't see the third picture, perhaps you can paste it to a reply? Would love to see the whole barreled action.

Love the doll's head rib extension, hell for stout!

Best regards;
Brett

One of Us
posted Hide Post

John

Posts: 172 | Location: Ireland/London | Registered: 09 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
jcorry,

Is this a 500 Jeffery or a 500 nitro?

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would say 500 Nitro made by W J Jeffrey, aka Paul Roberts.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 500N:
I would say 500 Nitro made by W J Jeffrey, aka Paul Roberts.

I would hope so!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a .500 Jeffery being built by Paul Roberts.

John

One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcorry:

Looks great but when say "a .500 Jeffery" that implies the 500 Jeffery rimless case. I don't see any cut in the rim to accomodate the rimless case extraction and that would be an unusual caliber for a double rifle.

So for clarity, is it a 500 nitro in a Jeffery rifle or a 500 Jeffery rimless in a Jeffery rifle?

Regardless, please keep posting updates, I'd love to see this rifle as it comes together.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470Evans:
quote:

Looks great but when say "a .500 Jeffery" that implies the 500 Jeffery rimless case. I don't see any cut in the rim to accomodate the rimless case extraction and that would be an unusual caliber for a double rifle.

So for clarity, is it a 500 nitro in a Jeffery rifle or a 500 Jeffery rimless in a Jeffery rifle?

Regardless, please keep posting updates, I'd love to see this rifle as it comes together.

You're absolutely right. Its a 500 Nitro.
Sorry for the confusion.

John

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
looks very nice.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Man.....and it's only "in the white" and the fit/rough finish looks awesome. Very nice sir!

Gary
DRSS
NRA Lifer
SCI
DSC

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarBy:
Man.....and it's only "in the white" and the fit/rough finish looks awesome. Very nice sir!

I agree, it looks very well done - and I would expect it to be from someone
like Paul Roberts.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I will be looking forward to updates on this one! Will it be finished by Christmas? Thanks for posting.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11241 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of husky
posted Hide Post
quote:
[IMG:left] [/IMG]

British and BEST!
Old world top quality!!!

Cheers

Posts: 1134 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Very nice! I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like most women, she's Very Beautiful naked.

Posts: 225 | Location: East Kentucky | Registered: 02 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks terrible. But you could donate it to me. I would give it a good home. LOL. Can't wait to see it in it's stock. Looks GREAT! Big Grin

The things you see when you don't have a gun.
NRA Endowment Life Member
Proud father of an active duty
Submariner... Go NAVY!

Posts: 436 | Location: Lynchburg, Home of Texas Independence | Registered: 28 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KY Jim:
Like most women, she's Very Beautiful naked.

'like most women'... very debatable.

John