New
Find
Notify
Tools

Information
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gentleman I would like ask a question..for the last 10years I been trying to get a double barrel 12ga. Rifled slug gun made..The problem is every time I start project someone why put
a lot of money in a cheap action,they tell you
Will never get your money out it..I respect all you gentlemen to tell me straight..So would someone tell me if this is a good move.I have rifled barrels top rib..matter fact I bought all this from Robert Hayden who I have
great respect for.

Posts: 190 | Location: new castle,de. | Registered: 30 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Start with the very best stock, action and fore end you can find. That will be the heart and soul of a gun like this. Contact Aaron Little and follow his advice. Aaron has built quite a few conversions with very good results. Look for a heavy 12 or light 10ga on a good quality action. I read where you mentioned Russian actions in another post. It is the old story "You can not make a silk purse from a sows ear". There are quite a few British boxlocks with bad barrels that can be bought for a song if you are patient. From a builders perspective, it is very hard to become enthused about a project like this when the client wants to start out with an inferior action. No matter how hard you try the end product just will not be up to par unless you start out with a good quality donor. Best of Luck.
\ Steve

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote