THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    loads fo 470 with Hornady brass
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

loads fo 470 with Hornady brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone got loading data for these cases? I'll have to reduce and tinker a bit, but I was wondering if anyone has found whether or not the same powder charge is generally where you'll land. I've been loading 106gr IMR 4831 in Norma brass with Woodleigh softs.

I found that when working up loads for my 416 Rigby, the same charge gave the same velocity with either Norma or Hornady, in spite of the fact thet the Norma cases weighed 17gr more than the Hornadys when empty.

Posts: 1981 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Marty, I'm currently loading either Hornday or Woodleigh 500gr softs with 87.0grs of RL-15, a foam wad, Federal magnum primers in Hornady or Jamison brass. See my post on case life. Have decided to go 8 reloads and then scrap the brass. Load regulates and shoots very well at 30 yards offhand, centers the bull and is right on top of the front sight. I like this combination as it has less felt recoil than H4831 or IMR4831 and shoots to 2150+ fps, regulates nicely and shoots to the front sight.

Posts: 65 | Location: West Bend, WI. | Registered: 25 March 2004Reply With Quote