Find
Notify
Tools

CHADICK'S WHA HOPPIN?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted
Anyone know what happened to Chadick's of Terrel, Texas? I went to their web-site today and nothing there wroks, and the same two rifles are there that have been there for a month, or more! I thought maybe they were down for changes in their web-site, but it looks like that isn't it! Confused Confused Confused

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good question. i called about 2 months ago about a rifle - no answer. so i left a message.
no reply. called again, left another message. finally - much later- someone called to tell me they sold the rifle.

they still run ads in gun digest (gunlist)

maybe they are going out of business ?

or have gone....

TOMO577
DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 1144 | Location: west of erie, pa | Registered: 15 September 2006Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
I know that Herschel sold the building, but also heard that he was still doing some business (presumably to a lesser degree) out of his house.

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I emailed them concerning a Chapuis rifle about 5 weeks ago and they told me they were no longer a dealer. I don't know if they just meant not a dealer for Chapuis or not a dealer for anything.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
The web site is working Chadicks
I bought my double rifle from them two years ago. I always checked their site and continued to do so. It seems that they have slowed down maybe even ending. But the site works and say's
"last updated December 22, 2006" So someone is still minding the store.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote