THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOUBLE RIFLES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Double Rifles    Here's A Nice NEW Double "Rifled barrels" Shotgun
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Here's A Nice NEW Double "Rifled barrels" Shotgun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I keep hearing these are very good shotguns too...

Double Rifle Shotgun

DM

Posts: 696 | Location: Upper Midwest, USA | Registered: 07 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This isn't new news to this forum, there was an exchange re the same gun about a month or two ago. In fact, I have ordered one, expecting delivery, according to their schedule, in about two months. Really expecting it to show up in four.

Without seperate shotgun barrels, it won't shoot shot worth S--t. At least that is typical of all rifle barrel shotguns. (Paradox and others similar are not fully rifled, and other differences.)

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JPK,

don't worry, I have an SKB 20 gauge SxS I'll sell you for about $500.

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
JPK,

don't worry, I have an SKB 20 gauge SxS I'll sell you for about $500.

Rich
Buff Killer

Is it rifled? Does it have adjustable regulation? 1/4 rib? Standing sights? Interchangable front bead?

Or is it a shotgun?

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JPK-

If that SKB fills this qualification list and regulates with full-bore solids Wink
...you won't need that .458 SxS of yours anymore -- I'll be happy to take it off your hands for the price of the aforementioned 20b that Rich is offering you.

clap

let me know when I should ship forward a crate for the thys and associated handloading supplies and tooling.

Cheers
Tinker

Posts: 802 | Location: Palomino Valley, NV | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JPK,

just a nice SxS 20 gauge to use on doves and quail. It will free you from worrying about the rifled barrel model you have ordered.

Rich
Buff Killer

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've given up on 20ga shotguns, as opposed to "rifles", (at least for today) and instead prefer a ~6 1/2lb or so 12ga, shooting 7/8oz loads.

JPK

Free 500grains

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one of the RBL Launch Edition's in 20ga. It's a beautiful well made shotgun but I've been shooting a series of O/U's for skeet/trap and pigeons for so long I just can shoot the side-by-side as well as I'd like to.

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote