Find
Notify
Tools

Info on Hambrusch doubles?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted
Anyone owned, used,or have info on Hambrusch double rifles of Ferlach?
Regards,
Adam

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your post heading made me think of this old story.

Two Mexicans have been lost in the desert for weeks. At death's door, they see a tree in the distance. As they get nearer, they see that it's draped with rasher upon rasher of bacon: smoked bacon, crispy bacon, life-giving nearly-raw juicy bacon, all sorts of bacon.

"Hey, Pepe" says the first Mexican, "ees a bacon tree! We're saved!!"

So Pepe goes on ahead and runs up to the tree. As he gets to within five feet, he's gunned down in a hail of bullets.

His friend drops down on the sand and calls across to the dying Pepe.
"Pepe!! Pepe!! Que pasa hombre?"

With his last breath Pepe calls out:
"Ugh, run, amigo, run, ees not a bacon tree... ... ees a ham bush!"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can't comment on Hambrusch doubles but I have a combination built by them in the 1970's. it's beautiful. I have spoken with Peter Hambrusch a few times and he has always been very helpful.

Posts: 985 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter Hambrusch Double rifles are from good quality. PH Harpreet Brar and Paddy Curtis use Hambrusch Doubles.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, my friend now uses Harpreet's 500 NE Hambrusch DR, when Harpreet received his 577.

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Harpreet received his 577.

From the magnificent (500NE) to the ultimate (577NE)!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD999:
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Harpreet received his 577.

From the magnificent (500NE) to the ultimate (577NE)!

My personal preference is the opposite. IMO, the 577NE is magnificent, but the 500NE is the ultimate. Reason being that the 500NE gives all the same practical performance on game, but does so in a lighter, smaller, easier to manipulate rifle, with ammo being much lighter, and recoil being similar if not identical to the 450 - 470 class of weapons!!

As previously said, the 500NE is what all the other NE rounds hope to be once they grow up. The 577NE is a bit like the NE that has not only grown up, but developed a beer belly to boot! Big Grin

But ... YMMV! patriot

One of Us
posted Hide Post
500-450 Joseph Hambrusch Dbl. I had one until last summer...sold it to Hallowell & Company as I knew I'd never use it. I would shoot a 3" group @ 100 yards...no problem. I got it from a relative and if you look at Hambrusch's web site, you'll see they are really nice & well made. There are more than 200 doubles for sale on the internet so you are in a buyer's market. I sold mine for 6500 which was a give away price...I have tons of ammo still which will go into the trash I suppose. Ferlach area has been making firearms for a few hundred years!!!!

Posts: 25 | Location: 2407 Regan Ave. Boise, Id. | Registered: 20 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sawtooth, welcome to AR. Someone here may be very interested in your accumulated ammo for your Hambrusch. $6,500? OUCH!

Posts: 20165 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have tons of ammo still which will go into the trash I suppose.

Or list it on the AR Classifieds and get paid what it is worth. Which you could have done with your lovely double as well...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote